Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 177

Thread: A Note To Canonical: "Don't Piss On Wayland"

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Europe/Moscow
    Posts
    167

    Default

    "Community" writes code as it likes, companies write code that works. The reason why Jingle is no competitor to Skype.

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Rural Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    1,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ворот93 View Post
    "Community" writes code as it likes, companies write code that works.
    The Community is mostly companies, so your point does not make any sense.

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ворот93 View Post
    "Community" writes code as it likes, companies write code that works. The reason why Jingle is no competitor to Skype.
    Just one question. Does Shuttleworth's cock taste salty or sour?

    I can't comprehend these ubuntu-fanbois who keep asserting that community-work=bad, corporations=good. If you love corporations, suitmen and their marketing-speak, why use Linux at all? Why not stick to microsoft or apple? There you have all the corporate drones writing "code that works". You don't care about code being open or closed, so what reason do you have for using Linux?

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BO$$ View Post
    canonical bla bla bla canonical
    Seriously, u need to visit a doctor.
    Quote Originally Posted by ворот93 View Post
    "Community" writes code as it likes, companies write code that works. The reason why Jingle is no competitor to Skype.
    LOL visit a doctor too. Redhat, oracle, ibm, intel, amd,nvidia,trolltech, sun, etc. those companies did their best to get linux where it is now. What, u think big linux projects are created by "community"? And faggots@canonical never created anything major. Unity just gnome-shells fork + qt mix. They are now developing calendar and calculator, awesome news for linux. "AWESOME" company making linux better by developing calendar and calculator!!!!!!! L OOOOOOOO L
    Last edited by phoen1x; 03-14-2013 at 03:45 PM.

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BO$$ View Post
    As somebody just below replied, Linux is already mostly corporation owned. Get used to it!
    Uhh nope. Linux is free software, it's not owned by anyone. Ever heard of GPL?

    Why are you not using a mac? You seem like someone who'd be happier using a macintosh. It's got everything you desire - the cult of personality, the cool hipster factor, corporate branding... why are you using free software if you don't like the freedom?

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BO$$ View Post
    probably a lot of community devs will come to their senses and not want their code to be used only on their machine.
    That is why they submit their code upstream, something that Ubuntu rarely does. So community developers already have come to their senses, their code is not only used on their machines.

    The kernel used in Ubuntu from what I understand isn't exactly the same with mainline so they are already diverging there.
    Almost any major distro uses a patched kernel, do you want to say that all of them are slowly diverging from mainline Linux? This is simply bullshit.

    Debian as it is is not good enough for the user because if it was there would have been no need for Ubuntu.
    Even if that would be true (it probably was at the time when Ubuntu was released in 2004), Ubuntu has simply not the manpower to abandon the Debian base, they are relying on Debian, a distribution that revolves about the community. Let Ubuntu try to diverge from Debian, it will dig its own grave with that, Ubuntu totally can not exist without Debian.
    The number of Ubuntu specific patches will only increase and I hope that the community will not shun them just to make their life harder.
    This does not make any sense at all. Ubuntu can only submit patches upstream, but why should any upstream project care about patches that are only necessary for one distro? If they would submit patches (in the needed quality and quantity, not submitting a wall of code after secretly developing something in-house for months) that benefit the whole project I doubt that the patches would be shunned just because an Ubuntu developer wrote them. But why should they care about Ubuntu specific patches? If Canonical sees the need to divert from the cosdebase it is their own problem to manage the patches.
    They need to realize that shunning them will only result in shunning themselves from the desktop of the common user that might try Ubuntu.
    I see it the other way around. Canonical needs to realize that shunning the community they rely on will only result in shunning themselves from all the projects that are developed by the community.

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Rural Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    1,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dee. View Post
    Just one question. Does Shuttleworth's cock taste salty or sour?
    Okay, will you please stop with this line dee? This contributes nothing.

    Quote Originally Posted by BO$$ View Post
    As somebody just below replied, Linux is already mostly corporation owned. Get used to it!
    Linux is corporate backed certainly, but it is not owned by any one company (or development group).

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Rural Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    1,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vim_User View Post
    That is why they submit their code upstream, something that Ubuntu rarely does. So community developers already have come to their senses, their code is not only used on their machines.

    Almost any major distro uses a patched kernel, do you want to say that all of them are slowly diverging from mainline Linux? This is simply bullshit.

    Even if that would be true (it probably was at the time when Ubuntu was released in 2004), Ubuntu has simply not the manpower to abandon the Debian base, they are relying on Debian, a distribution that revolves about the community. Let Ubuntu try to diverge from Debian, it will dig its own grave with that, Ubuntu totally can not exist without Debian.

    This does not make any sense at all. Ubuntu can only submit patches upstream, but why should any upstream project care about patches that are only necessary for one distro? If they would submit patches (in the needed quality and quantity, not submitting a wall of code after secretly developing something in-house for months) that benefit the whole project I doubt that the patches would be shunned just because an Ubuntu developer wrote them. But why should they care about Ubuntu specific patches? If Canonical sees the need to divert from the cosdebase it is their own problem to manage the patches.

    I see it the other way around. Canonical needs to realize that shunning the community they rely on will only result in shunning themselves from all the projects that are developed by the community.
    Great post.

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ворот93 View Post
    The very hate outburst proves the fact that Canonical > rest of "ecosystem".

    First they ignore you. (2005)
    Then they ridicule you. (2010)
    Then they get angry at you. (now)
    Then you win. (2014)
    The fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown.

    -Carl Sagan

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Europe/Moscow
    Posts
    167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackCat View Post
    The fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown.

    -Carl Sagan
    Unlike Bozo the Clown, Canonical have been successful so far. Sudden hate outburst proves that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •