The Developers Behind The Mir Display Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by a user View Post
    wait, we have that code licensed under gpl, allowing everybody to do exactly what ubuntu is doing and now we are blaming them to do what was allowed them to do?

sounds logic to me.

i can understand the complaints but i cannot undestand the level and most arguments i read are pure nonsense.
    Hey, it's foss, remember? The amazing level of politics here will make outsider's brain blow up. Figures why Linux is still <2%.

Comment

Originally posted by ворот93 View Post
      Canonical takes the best for its needs and complies with the license. Whiners can GTFO.
      Same as Steve Jobs - worked out great for him in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by MartinN View Post
        Same as Steve Jobs - worked out great for him in the end.
        Lol what? Steve Jobs died of cancer which ANYONE can get nowadays. He simply made himself rich.

You are an idiot, sir.

Comment

Lol what? Steve Jobs died of cancer which ANYONE can get nowadays. He simply made himself rich.

You are an idiot, sir.
          Plenty of other wealthy people who never get cancer. What's the difference?

Jobs drank from the wrong well.

My idiotic view only, my greedy tovarish. Thanks!

Comment

Canonical takes the best for its needs and complies with the license. Whiners can GTFO.
            Where did I say that didn't comply to the license?
            You stated that Ubuntu is an independent distro that doesn't need the ecosystem and therefore should screw it and this can't be farther from the truth. Without the ecosystem Ubuntu is nothing but a wet dream of Shuttleworth, but you are too much fanboy to see that, I guess.

Comment

+1. Canonical alone is responsible for getting Valve on board. Gabe would rather promote Macs than talk to and bargain with a myriad of small Linux communities.

So yeah, screw "the ecosystem". Canonical is making a point here: Ubuntu is not a "distro", it is an independent operating system with its own homegrown solutions.
              Responsible for getting Valve on borad?
              Don't joke.
              Valve has its plane about jump in the player's living room without pass through Microsoft or Apple OS. Valve don't care about ubuntu and the proof is that:
              1) They already had a working demo in house for several months but they started to accelerate when? When MS has released win8. Ubuntu did not change in that time, so basically ubuntu doesn't play a role for the valve's final decision to put all the effort in the linux project.
              2) They working on the steam box that does not ship nothing written by canonical, not unity, not usc and not Mir for sure.
              3) They will continue to use X for the following two years as a minimum
              4) they targeted ubuntu for the internal test for the same reason ubuntu choose debian as a base: praticity.
              5) Steam is now avaiable for all distro and works pretty well without ubuntu, it means ubuntu is all except necessary for them.
              6) Ubuntu can force Valve to do A instead of B? Yeah, in your dream only.

Comment

Working...
              X