Ubuntu's Unity Written In Qt/QML For "Unity Next"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JS987 View Post
    I meant you shouldn't use and waste time with creating fake emulation of OOP like GObject if C++ supports OOP.
    And here's where other than your calling it fake emulation of OOP, I can certainly agree with you. If the work has already been done for us then why re-implement your own when there's a fully capable superset of C that is available for use.... Which there are valid reasons to do but unless you're creating a toolkit or your own language those reasons are highly flawed.

Comment

• Comment

• It is about doing whats best for Canonical.

Comment

• Originally posted by JS987 View Post
          I meant you shouldn't use and waste time with creating fake emulation of OOP like GObject if C++ supports OOP.
          There's nothing fake about it. There's nothing "emulation" about it. Ultimately, both C++ and C/GObject compile to assembler, and are basically indistinguishable from each other (apart from some conventions like different name-mangling schemes).

Besides, C++ is a flawed, bloated piece of crap that lacks real runtime encapsulation, has a horrible template system that makes debugging a nightmare, is not easily parseable because of inconsistent syntax, etc. You might disagree, but there are plenty of people who dislike C++ for these very valid reasons, so it makes sense to create an OOP language that is a clean implementation AND fully compatible with C code.

Comment

• Originally posted by dee. View Post
            There's nothing fake about it. There's nothing "emulation" about it. Ultimately, both C++ and C/GObject compile to assembler, and are basically indistinguishable from each other (apart from some conventions like different name-mangling schemes).
            Besides, C++ is a flawed, bloated piece of crap that lacks real runtime encapsulation, has a horrible template system that makes debugging a nightmare, is not easily parseable because of inconsistent syntax, etc. You might disagree, but there are plenty of people who dislike C++ for these very valid reasons, so it makes sense to create an OOP language that is a clean implementation AND fully compatible with C code.
            I already said reasons why GObject is fake emulation. See my previous posts.
            All features supported by C++ are useful. Fast, universal, type-safe and memory efficient containers aren't possible without templates. There is bug in debugger or compiler if you have problem with debugging of templates.

Comment

Working...
            X