Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best way to file bug reports for FirePro or Catalyst drivers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bridgman, I know you're not responsible for the binary drivers.
    Nevertheless, there is good chance you know about the (changed?) processes there, I guess.
    I'd be very grateful for your input.

Do they still have the rather long pipeline for fixing reported bugs?
    IIRC, it was something like this:

ACK reported bugs -> ... -> initial fix for internal testing -> closed beta -> public release (beta/final).

While this looks ok on first sight, it was actually done on a static monthly basis per step.
    Hence, it took bugs at least* 3 month to be fixed.

[*] Typically way longer, while in very rare cases there were quick hotfix releases for very urgent bugs,
    usually only for just released hardware.

Comment

I haven't even talked to the binary driver devs for a few years now, but my impression is that we are doing more open betas than we used to. AFAIK there is a separate support channel for professional SKUs (ie not the cchtml bug tracker and *definitely* not launchpad ) but I don't know the details, will take a quick look and see if I can find it.
      Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
        I haven't even talked to the binary driver devs for a few years now, but my impression is that we are doing more open betas than we used to.
        AFAIK there is a separate support channel for professional SKUs (ie not the cchtml bug tracker and *definitely* not launchpad ) but I don't know the details,
        will take a quick look and see if I can find it.
        That would be great.

Thank you!

Comment

FAIK there is a separate support channel for professional SKUs (ie not the cchtml bug tracker and *definitely* not launchpad ) but I don't know the details, will take a quick look and see if I can find it.
          Maybe by e-mail? http://emailcustomercare.amd.com

Comment

Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
            I don't think so -- it was specific to FirePRO/FireMV products -- but I'm having trouble finding it now.
            Test signature

Comment

I don't think so -- it was specific to FirePRO/FireMV products -- but I'm having trouble finding it now.
              Just asking: were you successful finding information about the FirePro support channel?
              I wasn't...

Comment

Not on the website... I'm going to ask around internally.

I *hate* asking for directions
                Test signature

Comment

Hello dude..I see the link and after that i will tell to you that how much this link s helpful for me.I really want to these types of bug files link which is essential for my work..Thanks

Comment

Not on the website... I'm going to ask around internally.

I *hate* asking for directions
                    Thanks, and I promise I won't tell my sources.
                    I guess I'm not actually a targeted person for this support channel with the cheapo FirePro 2270?

Comment

I have an AMD FirePro W8000 and am having trouble with the latest fglrx driver on Centos 5.9
                      running startx or gdb results in Xorg crashing before anythink is drawn. The previous fglrx driver works just fine.

Can one of you share the link to how I can contact professional support at AMD about this?

Thanks,

Jeff

Comment

Working...
                      X