Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA Releases 304.84 Linux Driver

Phoronix: NVIDIA Releases 304.84 Linux Driver

While it's not part of the NVIDIA 310 or even the latest NVIDIA 313 driver series, this morning was marked by the release of the 304.84 certified Linux graphics driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is this their long lived branch or legacy(seems to support geforces from 6 and 7 series).

Comment

It's legacy. Good to hear they have not forgotten us.
      Happy to be NVIDIA customer.

Comment

Is it updated to build properly on 3.7 and 3.8 kernels as well? If so, nice to see nvidia updating this legacy driver as I still have a 7900GS that is still running strong.

Comment

It should work. Will land in my repos probably tomorrow. Currently using Linux 3.8.1 with 304.64.

Comment

Confirmed this driver update works with 3.8.1 kernel with no installation issues on my EVGA 7900GS card. Would be cool if they can backport some new features from their later driver series to the GF 6 and 7 series, if they have the time to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepDayze View Post
              Confirmed this driver update works with 3.8.1 kernel with no installation issues on my EVGA 7900GS card. Would be cool if they can backport some new features from their later driver series to the GF 6 and 7 series, if they have the time to do so.

So it will not happen.

Comment

Working...
              X