Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
    They are the same fucking thing, dude.

The only difference is that plasmoids can be programmed in C++, JavaScript, Python or Ruby, while GNOME extensions can only be programmed in JavaScript. Probably C# too, that's always a hit with the community.

Gnome-shell is written with javascript. You don't need any other language to do anything you want.

Comment

Originally posted by drag View Post
      Gnome-shell is written with javascript. You don't need any other language to do anything you want.
      Using only JavaScript is a design decision which is understandable. I don't see how this makes Gnome extensions superior to plasmoids, or substantially different.

Comment

They are the same fucking thing, dude.

The only difference is that plasmoids can be programmed in C++, JavaScript, Python or Ruby, while GNOME extensions can only be programmed in JavaScript. Probably C# too, that's always a hit with the community.
        No he hated the plasmoids because they were a shitty UX. Much like the rest of KDE. lol
        Last edited by funkSTAR; 04 March 2013, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Using only JavaScript is a design decision which is understandable. I don't see how this makes Gnome extensions superior to plasmoids, or substantially different.
          I don't know which is superior. It seemed like there was confusion over what Gnome-shell extensions were written in.

Comment

how fucking retarded is a developer that says:

"oh well if you add some extensions then you can use it pretty good"

wtf is this shit...

everyone should just shun gnome and gnome devs... trolling or giving them ANY attention will only further the problem.

and now they are hyping gnome classic in 3.8 like it's some panacea WTF? are you serious ?

I gave up hope these retards will EVER see how much they suck.

There can be a million forks from unity to cinnamon and everyone can jump ship they will still press the gas pedal reaching the cliff

fuck you gnome and fuck all your retard devs

Comment

Originally posted by funkSTAR View Post
              No he hated the plasmoids because they were a shitty UX. Much like the rest of KDE. lol
              And still he liked it more than GNOME default

After much progress has been made, he finally concluded that, if you bypass all the decisions made by the GNOME team with JavaScript extensions, then it can be made usable!

That's something that seemed impossible only a few months ago, and a sign of progress :P

Comment

And still he liked it more than GNOME default

After much progress has been made, he finally concluded that, if you bypass all the decisions made by the GNOME team with JavaScript extensions, then it can be made usable!

That's something that seemed impossible only a few months ago, and a sign of progress :P
                Well he prefered gnome+extensions over kde+plasmoids. gnome wins and is the most extendable desktop. KDE is not staring into the abyss, KDE is down the abyss.
                Last edited by funkSTAR; 04 March 2013, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by funkSTAR View Post
                  Well he prefered gnome+extensions over kde+plasmoids. gnome wins and is the most extendable desktop. KDE is not staring into the abyss, KDE is down the abyss.
                  Now that I've corrected all the factual errors in your post, it's been cut down to this: your opinion.

And I'm fine with the fact that you have this opinion. Choice is good, KDE is still leading innovation, each to his own

Comment

Originally posted by jhansonxi View Post
                    I was using failsafe-gnome until they announced its demise. I switched to Xfce but found that Thunar is the weak point. No integrated file search (just a hack to run Catfish in a target directory) and no tabbed browsing.
                    The new thunar 1.6 is much improved. still doesn't have search which is definitely a weakpoint but it does have tabbed browsing now and they've fixed a ton of bugs, and overhauled the UI a bit.

Comment

Default settings

To make Linux beautiful I need to install an Icon package, download nice wallpapers, and change to e.g. Oxygen on KDE. And the bootscreen unfortunately looks horrible for Kubuntu but I don't know how to change a Plymouth boot screen. Linux should come with easy accessible default themes, and beautiful combinations.

Most of my Linux install time goes to make Linux beautiful.

I think Linus Torvalds should be seduced by the most beautiful looking distribution.
                      Last edited by Geert Jalink; 10 March 2013, 04:32 AM. Reason: To many spaces

Comment

Working...
                      X