Ubuntu Looking Again At Rolling Release Model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ubuntu Patches

The should push there patches to upstream for doing this, since there packages are often heavy patched.
    This would be bettter for them and for other distrubtuions since most of there's stuff require many patches that can't be applied in other distrubtions (look at unity for arch or something a like).

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooSyxx View Post
      It wasn't a troll. It's a fact. Actually, my last go round with Arch was helping one of my roommates sort out a freshly installed system when the geius devs decided to relocate everything from /usr/lib to /lib, and not provide any fresh install media. You honestly think the average Ubuntu user is up for manually relocating critical system libraries to rescue a douched up system less than 10 minutes after install? If so, you have way more faith in the average user than I.
      Fedora did something alike to and you had to reinstall to upgrade, so what is better ?

Comment

Originally posted by Thaodan View Post
        The should push there patches to upstream for doing this, since there packages are often heavy patched.
        AFAIK, most of the patches that are not upstreamed are either not useful upstream and/or upstream doesn't want them.

Comment

Working...
        X