No announcement yet.

AMD Catalyst 13.2 Beta 7 Released For Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do see a slow but steady improvement on the linux driver, in teamfortress 2.

At the moment, it looks like its as smooth as on windows. ( beta 6 )

Before Valve talked with amd, I was always wondering if anything had changed when I installed the latest driver.

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
      New features etc. are not coming until a new branch, like 13.3 Beta or 13.4 Beta. You need to understand how the driver model works.
      So no features. Also no bugs fixed. What's the point of putting out beta releases if you ignore reports on basic stuff such as backlight adjustment not working in lots of laptops?

Comment

Originally posted by [Knuckles] View Post
        So no features. Also no bugs fixed. What's the point of putting out beta releases if you ignore reports on basic stuff such as backlight adjustment not working in lots of laptops?
        Maybe not for laptops, but for desktops it is improving allot.

Comment

Has anyone else had trouble with the virtual terminals glitching badly when using this driver?
          In fact, is that something I could reasonably be blaming on it in the first place? (I suspect fglrx because I don't remember changing/upgrading anything else relevant...)

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
            New features etc. are not coming until a new branch, like 13.3 Beta or 13.4 Beta. You need to understand how the driver model works.
            You mean like the 13.2 beta branch could have added support for the kernels that were already missing in 13.1?

Comment

Originally posted by johnc View Post
              FEATURE HIGHLIGHTS OF THE AMD CATALYST 13.2 BETA 7 DRIVER
              • Resolves an intermittent hang seen in Crossfire configurations with the new Crysis 3 patch.

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...etadriver.aspx
              Well this doesn't apply to the Linux driver.

Comment

Originally posted by Rigaldo View Post
                Well this doesn't apply to the Linux driver.
                I figured they just took the same codebase and recompiled it for Linux to keep the versions consistent. lol

Comment

If this version will finally support my Radeon 7970 or not?

Comment

For what it's worth, recent Catalyst does seem to work pretty good on my a10-5800k. There are still the few known graphical bugs in certain games, but it's pretty stable overall. As will all Catalyst drivers, the 2D performance is still generally shitty compared to the free drivers.

Comment

Feature highlights of the amd catalyst 13.2 beta 7 driver

Comment

Working...
                      X