Counter Strike: Condition Zero Now Ported To Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fedesog View Post

Secret P.S. anyone want Frozen Synapse on Steam? they sell them by pair and I have one to give as a gift... first to answer will get it
    Sure, i want it! id:kamaitachi04

Comment

I remember when CZ first came out, and I was thinking to myself that it could have been awesome, but they f*cked it up with that stupid tactical shield xD. I installed it yesterday (you must switch to beta to see it) and played through the single-player missions. I don't know if it's just nostalgia, but the thing is still fun as hell.
      Last edited by RealNC; 27 February 2013, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Only FPS :/

Too bad most of the new titles are FPS, a genre which was rather healthy on Linux before.
        Playing Need for Speed using wine, I am still waiting for a first-class racing game...

Comment

Originally posted by Linuxhippy View Post
          Too bad most of the new titles are FPS, a genre which was rather healthy on Linux before.
          Playing Need for Speed using wine, I am still waiting for a first-class racing game...
          Eh... No that genre hasn't been healthy on linux before. It's only been healthy in terms of Arena shooters, instead of the larger category. Same thing with RPGs, the only thing healthy about it are that we've got a bunch of roguelikes, the other categories are almost completely missing.

To put it in another context for you, if a library had a fantasy section but all it had were variations on the Wizard of Oz would you consider that fantasy section to be healthy? This is not to say I don't understand wanting the other genres of games to develop, but the FPS genre on linux is far from healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post
            [...]Same thing with RPGs, the only thing healthy about it are that we've got a bunch of roguelikes, the other categories are almost completely missing.[...]
            agreed but there is hope for Linux RPGs, Wasteland 2 (late 2013) and Project Eternity (2014) are very promising, and with some optimism there is some potential RPG in greenlight too... and for those who don't avoid MMORPGs like me Champion of Regnum has been released today on Steam
            I agree that racing is probably the worst genre in term of choice on Linux nowadays

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
              Phoronix: Counter Strike: Condition Zero Now Ported To Linux

New games are now available from the Steam Linux client...
              The same about Wargame: European Escalation. Works like a harm and even better than under win7.

Comment

Working...
              X