• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speechless.

Comment

I recently committed a fix for hangs on rs780/880 chips in certain cases:

Comment

ahhh.. this sucks. I hope the devs give the 780G/785G/790GX chipset some love. We've got several AMD Quad-Core systems using this chipset still, and were planning on upgrading to Ubuntu 13.04 when it came out, knowing full well, we would lose Catalyst support. We always thought the OSS radeon driver was an option, but it sounds like this might be a problem.

Comment

By the way, I do want to add that I built an AMD Dual Core system for my kids using a 790GX motherboard, and with the catalyst driver, it was fast enough for them to play Elder Scrolls: Oblivion and Dawn of War 2 in Wine. So these chipsets are not bad if you stick with slightly older games (2005/2006 timeframe), which my kids enjoy. Its really a shame that AMD catalyst driver no longer supports the latest X.org.

Comment

I bet Ubuntu 9.04 would fly on that thing using catalyst.

Comment

Originally posted by squirrl View Post
              I bet Ubuntu 9.04 would fly on that thing using catalyst.
              Fly like a stone. Ten minutes flight, ten minutes to reboot from crash.

Comment

Hello. How well does this integrated GPU in motherboard work with recent kernel? Say 3.16 for example using open source graphics drivers. I am interested in motherboard with AMD 760G for FX series of CPUs from AMD.

Comment

Does anybody have this integrated GPU in 760 chipset? If yes I would be glad if you could share your experiences with modern kernels. i.e. 3.16/3.17/3.18

Comment

Working...
                  X