Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benchmarking The Google Nexus With Ubuntu

Phoronix: Benchmarking The Google Nexus With Ubuntu

Tests are running full-speed this weekend on benchmarking the performance of the brand new Ubuntu Touch/Tablet Developer Preview with the Google Nexus 7 and Nexus 10 devices. Here's a preview with some initial findings from performance testing these mobile ARM devices using Ubuntu Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Yes, please include Nexus 4!!! I've been browsing Phoronix w/o ad-blocker for years now. Hope this helps, as your site is the only site I have my ad-blocker turned off for. In its marketing, the Qualcomm Krait (Snapdragon S4) is often compared to the new ARM A15 core; however, many of my tests show strange performance anomalies with the Krait processor... (ie. on some workloads, it can run slower than a Tegra 3). It'd be very interesting to see if this really turns out to be the case in your more thorough testing!
    Last edited by gururise; 23 February 2013, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Oh yes, I can play Nova with my Nexus 10 charged and plugged in, and still end up with 50% battery left. USB2 doesn't provide enough juice.

Comment

Michael,
        the wireless issue might be related to network manager, its the single reason why i use wicd, nm cant handle long hours of download/upload, never could(for me anyways).

Cheers

Comment

So I turned off my AdBlocker for Phoronix, but I still can't see any ads, instead I see 4 "click here for flash nonsense" banners. I definitely won't allow flash for anything ad related. Does it still help to see the empty flash banners? Probably not.
          I think I'll keep the Ads blocked and since I didn't find a way to donate, maybe I'll occasionally buy the 3 Months subscription...

Comment

Originally posted by Mathias View Post
            So I turned off my AdBlocker for Phoronix, but I still can't see any ads, instead I see 4 "click here for flash nonsense" banners. I definitely won't allow flash for anything ad related. Does it still help to see the empty flash banners? Probably not.
            I think I'll keep the Ads blocked and since I didn't find a way to donate, maybe I'll occasionally buy the 3 Months subscription...
            There is a PayPal donate link shown directly in the article...
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Youre right I didn't remember that when I reached the end of the article and looked for it on the rest of the page. Am I too stupid to find it or is it just not there?

Comment

Youre right I didn't remember that when I reached the end of the article and looked for it on the rest of the page. Am I too stupid to find it or is it just not there?
                "If you are interested in seeing Nexus 4 benchmarks too or other ARM hardware thrown into the mix, please consider subscribing to Phoronix Premium or making a PayPal tip."
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Yeah I already found the one in the article after your first answer. Initially I looked on the rest of the Website, everything except the article and I didn't find one. My question was, is there a prominent donation link somewhere or just in this article?

Comment

I think firefox blocks Flash by default now if you have 10.2 or earlier.

Comment

Working...
                    X