Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenMW 0.21.0 Brings Fixes

Phoronix: OpenMW 0.21.0 Brings Fixes

OpenMW 0.21.0 has been released that provides a number of fixes for this open-source game engine that seeks to re-implement support for Elderscrolls III: Morrowind...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: OpenMW 0.21.0 Brings Fixes

OpenMW 0.21.0 has been released that provides a number of fixes for this open-source game engine that seeks to re-implement support for Elderscrolls III: Morrowind...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTMwNzQ
    I'm excited about this one, and I hope it gets completed soon. Unfortunately for me, it's crash-happy when I toggle collision on.

Soon....

Comment

That's damn fine work, doing Bethesda's work for us! I wonder if any of this work can be re-used for Oblivion, Fallouts and maybe even Skyrim? All in good time maybe =D Either way, I miss how the Dark Elves had gravelly voices. Sad how they sound like humans now.
      Hi

Comment

If I buy Morrowind, will I be able to complete it by using OpenMW?

Comment

Originally posted by Apopas View Post
          If I buy Morrowind, will I be able to complete it by using OpenMW?
          From what I can tell, not as of yet, I've not seen a way out of the sandboxed environment used to test it.

However Morrowind+ expansions play quite well in wine even with my crappy old gear of an Athlon46 3500+ 8800GTS (G80 core) 320Mb and a measly 2Gb of ram.

So do as I did, and grab a torrent, there are plenty of them out there with 100+ peers.

Comment

As someone who has poked around inside the Oblivion engine I can say that it will be a MAJOR task to clone, even with OpenMW as a base.

Comment

Working...
            X