Ubuntu For Tablets Announcement A Let Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by e8hffff View Post
    It's thin-client ability so one can connect to business server to access their network software, like Excel from Microsoft-Office. Not Wine.
    That's kind of what I meant to say, but mainly that no Wine was used(because someone said so).

Comment

He even said that Windows Apps can be streamed. Why the hell would you start thinking ZOMG WINE!!! .....n00bs

Also flashable images on thursday.

Comment

Originally posted by e8hffff View Post
        Yeah it's not a let down in that sense, but it was that I couldn't download the image to flash.
        Well, you only have to wait until Thursday...

Comment

You could cure AIDS and Michael Larabel will find a way to be 'let down' over it. Just promise us you'll seek help before you do anything irreversible, k?

Comment

Originally posted by LinuxID10T View Post
            But that's like... two days! OMG let down!

Comment

Not a let down, just and odd coincidence with HP. And I enjoy seeing their design for the Tablets, thanks. Plus, I think the designs look good, and everyone saying "it's all just smoke" and "he shows MS Office and not LibreOffice" doesn't know a thing about marketing. He doesn't have time to walk through all the great free software, so he chooses to show off multiple technologies at once using a very commonly used commercial software (you know, something that will gain a lot of _commercial_ interest). How do you think this project is ever going to get anywhere? He has to gain interest by showing that "your favorite apps" will run out-of-the-box.

Comment

at 2:00 he says the "side-stage" was unique to ubuntu. isn't that the exact same feature that windows 8 has already?

-

Originally posted by LinuxID10T View Post
                Like when we could download the ubuntu phone image two days after they showed it off?
                Last edited by dstaubsauger; 19 February 2013, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dstaubsauger View Post
                  at 2:00 he says the "side-stage" was unique to ubuntu. isn't that the exact same feature that windows 8 has already?
                  Its definitely very simliar. Looks like the Ubuntu version will let you either multitask with the second app as an overlay or split screen. Certainly isn't particularly "unique," but it does look like a very good concept. Android should have had something like this ages ago on tablets.

Comment

I have a great idea for android or ubuntu phone.... And I feel like it is something entirely new...... The should invent a "taskbar" and add "buttons" for "minimize" and "close" for all applications. The cool thing about this idea is that apps can be "minimized" when a different app is in use.....

This alone would make multitasking a whole lot easier.... I wonder why nobody ever thought of it before?

Comment

Ubuntu Tablet?

Awesome...but wheres the Tablet. I see Ubuntu but no tablet....could I at least have a image for the Nexus 7?....

Comment

Working...
                      X