Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FlightGear 2.10 Lands New Features & Enhancements

Phoronix: FlightGear 2.10 Lands New Features & Enhancements

FlightGear 2.10 was released today as the newest feature-release of this leading open-source flight simulator. This sixteen-year-old open-source project now features more than 400 aircraft and a world-wide scenery database...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It is for flying shitty old Cessna passenger airplanes, not any cool fighter jets.

It is pretty boring.
    They ought to add some new cool planes and remove the silly loading screens.

Comment

Recent releases are quite capable of stressing modern GPUs, so how about usinf FG for benchamrks?
      Current test-suite contains mostly Quake* derivatives, it's be nice tho have anything else than FPS and havig completly different codebase.

@uid313
      Maybe it's time to learn how to change a plane

Comment

Originally posted by Xeno View Post
        @uid313
        Maybe it's time to learn how to change a plane
        It comes with no cool places, it only comes with shitty planes.
        You can download some cool planes and install them, but they're buggy and really badly implemented.

I'd love to see a great high-quality accurate implementation of the F-22: Raptor, or the F-35: Lightning II.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
          It comes with no cool places, it only comes with shitty planes.
          You can download some cool planes and install them, but they're buggy and really badly implemented.

I'd love to see a great high-quality accurate implementation of the F-22: Raptor, or the F-35: Lightning II.
          There should be F14 and F16 in default install, so there definitely are cool jets to fly. FG is about siuation not arcadey game with planes.
          F35 is still not operational plane, both F22 and F35 specs details are classified. Accurate simulation of those won't be possible in next 50 yers or so i guess.
          I guess UFO would suit better your taste, or maybe some console games ....

Comment

There should be F14 and F16 in default install, so there definitely are cool jets to fly. FG is about siuation not arcadey game with planes.
            F35 is still not operational plane, both F22 and F35 specs details are classified. Accurate simulation of those won't be possible in next 50 yers or so i guess.
            I guess UFO would suit better your taste, or maybe some console games ....
            But F-14 and F-16 are old ancient planes from the 70s.

Well even semi-accurate simulation or something, or just a non-buggy implementation that works.

Comment

Recent releases are quite capable of stressing modern GPUs, so how about usinf FG for benchamrks?
              Current test-suite contains mostly Quake* derivatives, it's be nice tho have anything else than FPS and havig completly different codebase.
              As far as I know there is no support for automated flight scenarios / benchmarks in FlightGear.
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
              X