Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA Releases GeForce GTX "TITAN" GPU

Phoronix: NVIDIA Releases GeForce GTX "TITAN" GPU

NVIDIA today unveiled the GeForce GTX TITAN as "the world's fastest" graphics processor and the company even claims "the only [GPU] in the world powerful enough to play any game at any resolution at any time."..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

And you must be connected to a nuclear power station to use all of its capabilities.

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
      And you must be connected to a nuclear power station to use all of its capabilities.
      It suck less power than hd7970GE... But that price oh my 800? ex.vat, damn you get decent computer with that price.

Comment

Not Really

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
        With a 250 watt TDP this thing isn't breaking any records for power usage in a GPU by any stretch of the imagination. It's certainly not a low-power part, but the power draw is extremely reasonable for the level of performance you get, and the cooler is even quieter than the stock cooler that comes with the 680.

On a technological level, this card is an absolute beast and is extremely impressive in every metric you can think of. On a marketing level, however, it is massively expensive and will only be available in limited quantities, so frankly it won't make a big impact beyond some benchmark reviews.

Comment

Originally posted by tuke81 View Post
          It suck less power than hd7970GE...
          Do you have any link?

Comment

What the hell is up with nvidia telling review sites not to benchmark this thing until thursday? If I had this card available to me I'd sure as hell have benches available today.

Comment

Originally posted by cip91 View Post
              Do you have any link?
              From here:

Granted one game so it might be different with other games.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
                What the hell is up with nvidia telling review sites not to benchmark this thing until thursday? If I had this card available to me I'd sure as hell have benches available today.
                Well they just might not want to make a paper release, just waiting that retailers get the card before allowing reviews of it.

Comment

Hardware Hack

Hardware Hack to turn a GTX 690 into a Tesla K10 or a Titan into Tesla K20 :

Maybe it's possible to find a software hack to change the device ID.

Comment

Michael, it's $1000. Why do you insist on writing 999?

Comment

Working...
                    X