Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GCC 4.8 Has Support For AMD Steamroller, Jaguar

Phoronix: GCC 4.8 Has Support For AMD Steamroller, Jaguar

Aside from improvements to Link-Time Optimizations, run-time library improvements, and a new optimization level, the coming release of GCC 4.8 also features support for yet-to-be-out AMD hardware. AMD's Steamroller "Bulldozer 3" processor is already supported with compiler optimizations and so is AMD Jaguar, their new low-power APU that's rumoured to be in the next-generation consoles...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Sony PlayStation will both be powered by an AMD Jaguar APU.
    Its pretty much common-knowledge by now, that the PS4 will not be Jaguar based. (http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldu...n-1804937.html)

Comment

Who cares ?!? Not me for sure !!!

What i want is an 25W AMD Kabini 4 core APU in a mini-ITX Mobo !!!

That will make a perfect HTPC with very interesting light/maybe_medium gaming capacities rig

Comment

I'd like to see 17W quad trinity vs 17W quad jaguar. With perf/$ graphs too if possible.

Comment

I've been pretty happy with the real-world multi-threaded performance of the a10-5800K I picked up. The new AMD stuff, while not as fast as some Intel cpus, is a lot better than some Windows benchmarks make them out to be. Having these processor specific compilation works wonders for certain programs.

Comment

IMHO, A Jaguar-based APU will beat the crap out of Trinity in 17W range...from a theoretical point of view of course.

As for the A10-5800K is indeed a very nice piece of hardware....

My experiments with it and a ASROCK mini-ITX MoBo were interesting....

G.SKILL ARES 8GB 2133 MHz DDR3 DIMMs (2 x 4GB) was initially set up by BIOS to 1600MHz or 1833 MHz (don't recall) when it was in Auto and i wasn't enjoying performance (at all) in some AAA games...i changed from Auto to 2133MHz and BIOS accepted it....performance increased in AAA games but in very fast 120-180 degrees turns in FPS there was clearly still some stuttering or frame drop if you will....

Then i bumped GPU from 800 MHz (Auto setting in BIOS was giving that value) to 950MHz...and suddenly, i was in Gaming Nirvana !!!

No stuttering or noticeable frame drop at all in any circunstance !!!

Gaming Performance was clearly superior to my 9600GT 1GB DDR3 + Intel Dual Core at 2.7GHz !!!

Interesting side effect...as i bumped GPU to 950MHz, RAM gone down from 2133 to 1600MHz....so it was quite surprise that gaming performance boost

However, the A10-5800K have two flaws...a INCREDIBLY LOOOOOOOOUD OEM APU fan and a somehow still too high appetite for energy....

So, i also build up a rig with a mini-ITX MoBo with a AMD E-350 and was pleasantly surprised with a very very quiet and very low power drain machine that still plays some very nice games....so, i can't wait for AMD Quad Core Kabini 25W mini-ITX MoBos

Comment

Working...
            X