No announcement yet.

Valve Celebrates Steam For Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How just two fucking idiots manage to ruin the thread for everyone?
    Two pathetic lazy idiots. Stop pretending, just boot your pirated Windows and GTFO Phoronix.

As for myself, I'll be enjoying the games(DRMed or not) I bought on my working proprietary drivers.

Best news for desktop Linux in a long time!

Comment

Originally posted by iniside View Post
      Gods. I hope Valve don't read this forums, or they may actually take it seriously.
      Usually, I'm against censorship,
      but the style of their posts seriously asks for moderation. :/

Comment

Funny. I don't pirate music. I use Spotify. OH damn it's propertiary software. I don't give shit it is or it is not.

Gods. I hope Valve don't read this forums, or they may actually take it seriously.
        ?The easiest way to stop piracy is not by putting antipiracy technology to work,It?s by giving those people a service that?s better than what they?re receiving from the pirates.?
        Gabe newell

Besides,i doubt they would pay much attention to two 15 year old kids posing as worldly adults,who will both most likely scream bloody mary when their pirated games start infecting their linux machines.

Comment

All I can Say. After reading this thread if I was game developer, I wouldn't develop any serious game for Linux.

Linux users population is about 1% on desktop, and they want to pirate my games. What a waste of time it would be for developing game for them...

Even then, they want from me to utilize partially working drivers, that at best can be used for some 10 years old games.

Guys. Please tell me you are not serious.
          Don't worry, the crazy ones are usually more vocal (and it shows through in their simple, abrasive speech). There are many Linux consumers that are eager to pay for quality titles, and hopefully the numbers will grow as a result of more games being published. I doubt game developers are going to care much about a few people on a forum. It's real statics from things like Humble Bundle that will ultimately sway them.

Comment

Originally posted by hxMarius View Post
            If you steal a god damn 10$ game you're no better than a windows user.
            Because Linux is free, that doesn't mean you have the right to get everything free, DRM and all that crap is just a pathetic excuse for people like you.
            Valve is the best thing that happend to Linux in the last 5 years, you better acknowledge that you pathethic excuse of a linux user.
            "WE WANT BETTER DRIVERS BUT F**K ALL THE COMPANIES THAT TRY TO SUPPORT LINUX"

I really don't care that you use linux and support it, if you pirate a 5$ game, I have no respect for you.
            You don't deserve steam or better drivers.
            Have a nice day, and a nice life.
            Go rob a bank and blame DRM.

I don't even no who's the user that said he want's to steal the games, so feel free to go fudge yourself who ever you are.
            you really mix up the people because the people who want better drivers are the people who are willing to pay for the games.

the Pirates do not need better linux driver because they install a pirated windows version to play the pirated games.

but hey its so much easier to lie and claim that people who want better driver also pirate the game to support better open-source drivers.

or on more simple words that even people like you can understand it: go fuck yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by entropy View Post
              Usually, I'm against censorship,
              but the style of their posts seriously asks for moderation. :/
              maybe the rude style is the only one who defence freedom?

or on other words: go fuck yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
                Oh my, Valve is dead serious.
                Trying to build your own market rather than relying on Microsoft's tends to be a serious thing ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by F i L View Post
                  Don't worry, the crazy ones are usually more vocal (and it shows through in their simple, abrasive speech). There are many Linux consumers that are eager to pay for quality titles, and hopefully the numbers will grow as a result of more games being published. I doubt game developers are going to care much about a few people on a forum. It's real statics from things like Humble Bundle that will ultimately sway them.
                  You said the magic phrase: "Quality titles"

I have pirated so many games and software that it is simply impossible to count. Games from each generation of consoles, Pc games, software of every type, you name it, i have pirated it. But if you visit my place and have a look around, you will find out that most of my collection is genuine... Why?

Because i learned long ago that the press, especially gaming-oriented, is nothing more than PR agents for the corporations. They lie about everything, they hide important facts or at least downplay them, they promote expensive garbage because the companies pay their bills.

There is absolutely no way of knowing in advance if a game is good or not. You first have to part with your money. There is an inherent risk when bying a video game, that the game will suck and even if you resell it you will have lost at least some amount of money...

Sure there are demos, but most of the time do not show the whole picture.

The fair thing would be a try before you buy model, not with a demo, but the WHOLE GAME for 24 hours. The FULL version. Let the client appraise the quality of game and make his choice if he wants to support you or not. Let him judge if the price you ask is fair or not.

Instead of providing us the customers a fair model they always try to exploit us, and get more money for less investment on their part. Of course, that is what corporations do, but us as customers should push back and demand a better deal, not agreeing with them...

The truth about the gaming industry today is that most games are far too expensive for what they are worth. People argue that the cost of producing a game is up, but this is simply a lie. Sure we have come a long way since pong and pac man, but the tools of the trade have become much better too plus the market has vastly grown since then. Most games reuse engines, textures, sounds etc. The modern tools provide a more rapid process of game design and there are far more trained developers now that existed then. The main reason games look far more realistic now is not because companies spent more, but because of Moore's Law...

Since companies won't give us a fair model, we have to provide it ourselves. And what is the name of it? PIRACY! If you notice each scene release txt or nfo, you will always see at the end the crackers saying " Support quality software, if you liked this game, BUY IT". And that is my motto too.

I used to download each game released. 90% percent of them i deleted in 5-10 minutes of testing them. Another 5% i played for a couple of hours, and then deleted them too. The 5% i found worthy of my attention, i went out and bought it. But only after having completed it.

Why? Because it is to my best interest that game developers who provide quality work and respect their customer should survive and have a healthy profit in order to provide me with more of their stuff. On the other hand, i couldn't care less if companies who disrespect their customers go bankrupt... For example releasing the same game (COD) so many years in the row, with mostly the same engine, textures, and music, with a sub par single player experience and only a few multiplayer maps, while taking away features their customers wanted, each time for 60$, is a disrespect to their fanbase. They have made so much money and they still won't provide value for it. This kind of situation needs to go, and will go eventually. I would pirate COD but i simply cannot play it anymore, it is that BAD... On the other hand, Fallout New Vegas, even with the bugs, was an effort full of love for us fans of the original Fallout. It was a good game, with nice humour and attention to detail. It was obvious a lot of love went into it, just not enough QA... But i bought it without a second thought. And it was far cheaper than COD too...

So, us pirates are not that bad, and most of us certainly pay for the software we enjoy. I agree that those cheap pirates who never buy anything deserve no respect, but they are a minority for sure.

And Linux will not have more Piracy or less. Piracy is not an issue of the OS. It has nothing to do with it. And those who use Linux are not cheap or only free users. We use Linux because we love freedom sure, but not EVERYTHING needs to be free software. When the time comes, we will pay for our games in the same manner windows gamers pay.

It is just that we need QUALITY TITLES. We won't pay for anything less.

Comment

Originally posted by necro-lover View Post
                    maybe the rude style is the only one who defence freedom?

or on other words: go fuck yourself!
                    Oh Q...

What freedom are you referring to?
                    The freedom to exploit anonymity on the net, being offensive as this?
                    I bet you'd never dare say that face to face.

Comment

hi, i already cracked linux title. Half-life and More Here

Comment

Working...
                      X