Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intel's Quick Sync: Coming Soon to Your Favorite Open Source Transcoding Applications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel's Quick Sync: Coming Soon to Your Favorite Open Source Transcoding Applications

Intel's Quick Sync: Coming Soon to Your Favorite Open Source Transcoding Applications

Finally will be possible hope for a quick sync on linux?

IIRC it was already possible many months ago, merely nobody was interested to make use of it in the usual apps (ffmpeg, mencoder etc).

Comment

For what reasons happen this lack of interest since Quick Sync could improve the speed of the operation especially during the encoding?

Comment

I can't speak for others, but personally it's not interesting to me because of its inferior quality. I have no need for fast-but-crappy encoding, I usually want the best quality no matter how long it takes to encode.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
          I can't speak for others, but personally it's not interesting to me because of its inferior quality. I have no need for fast-but-crappy encoding, I usually want the best quality no matter how long it takes to encode.
          Would probably be beneficial for things like MythTV, where quality is often less important than being able to watch the show less than an hour after it's finished recording.

Comment

Working...
          X