Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Unigine Valley & Unigine Heaven 4.0 Coming Next Week

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    277

    Default Interesting news

    As usual, Michael is still relevant.
    I am very sad that he decided to abandon Phoronix.

    Either way. I shall receive my new mobo and CPU and will write an interesting comperation that my fellow Linux fans will be found of.
    Will post in a forum later on.

    Michael, would you like to contact those dudes: ThreeGates AB Visby Sweden.

    They make VERY nice looking MMORPG, with some really interesting crafting.

    http://www.aethereusgame.com/index.html

    So far its alpha or beta stage. So far a few hours of fully playable content. very a few bugs, none too annoying or game stopping.
    I am glad I payed kick starter.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    245

    Default

    As already mentioned, it would be cool if the way they give licenses changed. And the price. It should be beneficial for them to they make their engine more accessible.

  3. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dimko View Post
    I am very sad that he decided to abandon Phoronix.
    Huh? I didn't decide to 'abandon' Phoronix.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Sunshine State
    Posts
    307

    Default

    If they really want to improve the Linux gaming market, make a Skyrim-type game with Unigine ;-)

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,024

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by F i L View Post
    If they really want to improve the Linux gaming market, make a Skyrim-type game with Unigine ;-)
    I'm sure someone with a spare $100m and a Linux fetish is just sitting around, ready to go through 4+ years of grueling hell to use an engine with possibly no support for SKyrim's open world or high moddability, just to get a few thousand in sales from whiny Linux users and have Windows and XBox _maybe_ make enough real profit to justify the expenditure...

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Rural Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    1,030

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elanthis View Post
    I'm sure someone with a spare $100m and a Linux fetish is just sitting around, ready to go through 4+ years of grueling hell to use an engine with possibly no support for SKyrim's open world or high moddability, just to get a few thousand in sales from whiny Linux users and have Windows and XBox _maybe_ make enough real profit to justify the expenditure...
    Chill out elanthis. He was obviously being facetious.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Creve Coeur, Missouri
    Posts
    402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by F i L View Post
    If they really want to improve the Linux gaming market, make a Skyrim-type game with Unigine ;-)
    Yeah, seeing those pictures from Unigine Valley made me think that that is what Skyrim should have looked like. I mean, Skyrim doesn't look bad, but they could have done better IMO. Doesn't help that I started playing Battlefield 3 around the same time.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Huh? I didn't decide to 'abandon' Phoronix.
    Well, I was under impression that you were to leave this project and move to something else.

  9. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dimko View Post
    Well, I was under impression that you were to leave this project and move to something else.
    Leaving, yes. Abandoning, no. I'm only leaving when there is an appropriate suitor to continue running the site. It's tiring after doing up to 80~100 hour work weeks the past eight years and I have other ventures within the Linux benchmarking/software areas, etc.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Leaving, yes. Abandoning, no. I'm only leaving when there is an appropriate suitor to continue running the site. It's tiring after doing up to 80~100 hour work weeks the past eight years and I have other ventures within the Linux benchmarking/software areas, etc.
    Are you gonna share more?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •