LibreOffice 4.0 Released With Immense Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
    All Mozilla software uses GUI written in XUL. GTK acts simply as a backend for XUL on Linux. There was a Qt port for a while, but it was discontinued.
    But Firefox tends to use some GNOME stuff like gvfs.
    [/quote]
    And LibreOffice, like StarOffice is based on VCL, their internal toolkit. There is a Qt version of that too.[/QUOTE]

What you mean with there's a QT version too? I don't see why don't replace VCL with Qt wich would remove the wrapper for every plattform.

Comment

Originally posted by Thaodan View Post
      I don't see why don't replace VCL with Qt wich would remove the wrapper for every plattform.
      a) A lot of work
      b) Qt doesn't look native on win32 or mac, vcl does

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
        b) Qt doesn't look native on win32 or mac, vcl does
        It does look for example on Teamspeak otr QtCreator.

Comment

?

I see it tries to, but it's pretty clearly not using the native widgets.

Comment

KDE integration of LibreOffice 4.0 is still extremely crappy if anybody cares.
            Users of LibreOffice under a KDE Workspace are better off using LibreOffice?s GNOME integration with the GTK port of the Oxygen theme.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
              http://www.richelbilderbeek.nl/CppPo...Creator1_1.png

?

I see it tries to, but it's pretty clearly not using the native widgets.
              On one hand that is clearly Windows XP (which is ancient) and on the other hand QtCreator uses a bunch of custom widgets that look non-native everywhere.

Comment

FreeOffice by SoftMaker

Tested LibreOffice in its latest version. Despite some improvements I still prefer FreeOffice because of its much better compatibility to Microsoft Office formats (which most of my friends and colleagues use), its better UI, reliability, and speed. It's not as good as the commercial version SoftMaker Office, but the best free office suite.

Comment

Originally posted by vsteel View Post
                  It would be like switching your keyboard from a qwerty to a dvorak for just one program. Not a change most people like.
                  A very interesting point!

Comment

Working...
                  X