No announcement yet.

KDE 4.10 Officially Released With Many Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hahaha in the day that KDE 4.10 released, google uses a pic in its search engine which displays feets and an apple.
    Coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by Apopas View Post
      Hahaha in the day that KDE 4.10 released, google uses a pic in its search engine which displays feets and an apple.
      Coincidence?
      While funny and ironic, a quick mouseover the doodle explains it :P
      All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

I know, but funny nevertheless

Comment

@funkSTAR
          Okay, KDE it's a fucked up DE ever. BTW, is there anyone force you to use KDE? (maybe Lamar Smith?). I use KDE since version 4.2 and I love it.
          You just don't forget that you're free to use any DE that you want, so stop mocking around.

Comment

Originally posted by kokoko3k View Post
            @funkstar:
            even in my ignore list, i can read your irrelevant posts because others quotes you, how bad
            Yeah? I'm considering adding everyone to my ignore list who's stupid enough to answer to him?

Comment

Originally posted by Shabahang View Post
              @funkSTAR
              Okay, KDE it's a fucked up DE ever. BTW, is there anyone force you to use KDE? (maybe Lamar Smith?). I use KDE since version 4.2 and I love it.
              You just don't forget that you're free to use any DE that you want, so stop mocking around.
              If funkSTAR wouldn't post his opinions, KDE developers could think that everybody thinks that KDE and its developers are doing everything right.

Comment

I just updated to 4.10 and it's the most beautiful desktop I've ever seen! Thanks a lot KDE developers.

Comment

Originally posted by TemplarGR View Post
                  KDE is not without problems, but at least they have a clear focus on the desktop.
                  Yeah, I really don't understand why pretty much everyone else is incapable of creating UI technology that adapts to the formfactor and instead opts for hybrid approaches.

Originally posted by TemplarGR View Post
                  What i find lacking in KDE is Kwin. It's performance could be much improved. The GUI completely stalls after heavy I/O access, unlike the GNOME Shell. I believe the XCB support will help, we shall see. Other than that KDE is finally really stable and with plenty of features.
                  Unlike GS or Unity which went the totally retarded way of being written as plugin for a specific WM, Plasma Desktop runs just fine using Mutter or whatever. You'll lose a few transparency effects which rely on KWin but that's it.

Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post
                  Yes, KDE is not without problems. Personally, I would like them to hide or remove some barely used options like the ones we see in the Desktop Settings. It's too much complicated in my opinion. It's even worse when we set Folder View as a default.
                  If you want a DE that removes configuration options, you are wrong in the KDE camp. Some distro may change the defaults to be closer to your taste, though.

Comment

Originally posted by JS987 View Post
                    If funkSTAR wouldn't post his opinions, KDE developers could think that everybody thinks that KDE and its developers are doing everything right.
                    Softwares always came with bugs and it's the nature of all softwares. KDE doesn't exempt this, but I can see that these bugs are fixing more and more in every version.

Comment

can't wait to get home to emerge kde 4.10, for pure fun ofc because kde 4.8 and superior have been rock solid for me in gentoo.

i admit tho that kde is a second class citizen in ubuntu derivates but arch/gentoo/sabayon/opensuse and the likes always offers KDE as its meant and normally much more stable than ubuntu derivates(at least until k/ubuntu 11.10)

Comment

Working...
                      X