KDE 4.10 Officially Released With Many Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ericg View Post
    Youre apparently new on the forums Meet FunkSTAR, he's an anti-kde, anti-Qt troll that will refute any argument you give with the most vitriol and venom that he can muster at that moment in time. Recommendation? Ignore list
    I don't recall reading his posts before, but I took it as he was defending KDE's future, even if in an unorthodox manner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ericg View Post
      Honestly hate to give you this response, cuz I think its a but I dont know what else to do....
      Well, it's a fair response .
      Originally posted by Ericg View Post
      1) File bug reports
      I've already made a couple.

2) Test it on a system other than Debian/Ubuntu based before you really make a judgement.
      Sounds reasonable, but I'd have to install another distro and then configure it equivalently, and I don't really have the time to do that just now. So I made my judgement on the basis of "does it work here, now, with my settings", which is a clear no...
      With regards to your other points; I know my setup doesn't necessarily lend itself to total stability, but I've had very few library version or other problems before, over several KDE 4.x versions on this install. I've used every single 4.x.x release from 4.0 onwards, this is the only one so far where I've experienced serious new bugs/regressions in most areas. I'm not saying that none of the trouble is caused by my distro, but I highly doubt that's the only cause.

I have had literally NONE of the problems you're describing, though I dont use the comic strip (do use the weather though, no problems) so its got to be something specific to your combination of software (/software versions)
      Well, I've been in that position when others were moaning about KDE bugs, several times. There seem to be lots of installation/config/distro-related bugs...

Comment

• Now some people are taking funky seriously, and Digia is blackmailing KDE into rewriting several million lines of code in QML :rofl:.

QML is being used for desktop widgets, because it's a convenient way to do that, that's it. Nobody is going to rewrite all of KDE in QML, FFS, just stop believing random rubbish on the internet.

Comment

• Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
          Now some people are taking funky seriously, and Digia is blackmailing KDE into rewriting several million lines of code in QML :rofl:.

QML is being used for desktop widgets, because it's a convenient way to do that, that's it. Nobody is going to rewrite all of KDE in QML, FFS, just stop believing random rubbish on the internet.
          Nobody believed it would be a sane idea to rewrite anything.

Still, I hadn't realized he had been toking with Lawrence: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3ecDYxOkg

Comment

Working...
          X