Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to prove that KDE is dying and nobody is intereted in using it:

@entropy:
    Poppler allows to just render a specific region of the PDF, at least for the Image backend.

Comment

Originally posted by entropy View Post
      I always thought this a limitation of poppler, which is also the PDF rendering backend of okular.
      Yes, I managed to track the problem to it not being implemented in poppler. Wasn't sure okular used the same. So, still need fr acroread then :/

Comment

funkSTAR keeps saying that Qt is 'bad' because it's owned by Digia but isn't it LGPL? Yeah, everyone would prefer non-copy left license I think but is there a framework like Qt which is not copyleft? Actually only framework with features like Qt I can think of is GLib+GTK and it definitely is LGPL.

Moreover glib/gtk/gnome have very weird design with C language as default, which results in bloated API, just to facilitate easy python, perl bindings. Qt is C++ and it has perl & python bindings. I just can not see why would anybody go with C for anything. C++ can be used in the same way as C, results in the same assembly when used as C but provides whole new world of possibilities when desired. (I'm talking about syntax only and not STL library!!!)

Anyway, could somebody tell me in what state glib/gtk C++ wrappers are? I just may try using glib/gtk framework however I'm definitely going for C++ because I've already seen how many lines can one inheritance 'definition' take in C.
        Last edited by Grawp; 06 February 2013, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by funkSTAR View Post
          Im on drugs? That must be the reason for the missing opacity settings in recent KDE. Every KDE user not seeing the opacity setting must be a drug addict. Are you?

Its okay you are trolling its moronix after all. But now you have gone counter-factual. Not the best way to promote the dying KDE.
          OH SHIT OPACITY IS GONE? That's it, KDE is dead to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Grawp View Post
            Moreover glib/gtk/gnome have very weird design with C language as default, which results in bloated API, just to facilitate easy python, perl bindings. Qt is C++ and it has perl & python bindings. I just can not see why would anybody go with C for anything. C++ can be used in the same way as C, results in the same assembly when used as C but provides whole new world of possibilities when desired. (I'm talking about syntax only and not STL library!!!)
            Making bindings for C stuff is usually easier. The GObject Introspection stuff is a quite neat example.

Anyway, could somebody tell me in what state glib/gtk C++ wrappers are? I just may try using glib/gtk framework however I'm definitely going for C++ because I've already seen how many lines can one inheritance 'definition' take in C.
            Seems to be up to date.
            GTK is a free and open-source cross-platform widget toolkit for creating graphical user interfaces.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
              In the meantime you can script missing features on nautilus! Oh wait ..

************************************************** *******************

Just installed KDE 4.10 on Ubuntu 12.04(Kubuntu Backports PPA for anyone interested). Runs pretty nice for now.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                Of course opacity is still there - windows are full opaque. What was removed just to get readded as Script (one has to install) is the opacity menu in the window menu (right click on the deco).
                BTW. I have set "scrollwheel on title bar" to change opacity. That's way faster than having to navigate through a menu.

Comment

Originally posted by Grawp View Post
                  funkSTAR keeps saying that Qt is 'bad' because it's owned by Digia ...
                  First of all my wording was not "bad" it was more like "fucking piece of shit fucking freedom granted by copyleft".

Copyleft is lost when you are dual licensing on terms by the Qt CLA. QT can be closed up by the will of Digia. And KDEs counter measure is to pull the trigger on another anti-copyleft mechanism known as the Qt free foundation. KDE has the right to release Qt under a permissive license(non-copyleft). So yeah right now it is a stand by two entities capable of fucking freedom. While the stand off continues all the Qt shit is sold as commercial closed source shit.

And the irony to KDEs anti copyleft clause is that by pulling the trigger their now Qt-upstreamed framework goes non-copyleft as well. Thats scorched earth tactics harming open source.

Comment

Originally posted by funkSTAR View Post
                    First of all my wording was not "bad" it was more like "fucking piece of shit fucking freedom granted by copyleft".

Copyleft is lost when you are dual licensing on terms by the Qt CLA. QT can be closed up by the will of Digia. And KDEs counter measure is to pull the trigger on another anti-copyleft mechanism known as the Qt free foundation. KDE has the right to release Qt under a permissive license(non-copyleft). So yeah right now it is a stand by two entities capable of fucking freedom. While the stand off continues all the Qt shit is sold as commercial closed source shit.

And the irony to KDEs anti copyleft clause is that by pulling the trigger their now Qt-upstreamed framework goes non-copyleft as well. Thats scorched earth tactics harming open source.
                    Except time and time again, people have totally disproven you, and you just care not to listen because for some odd reason you hate KDE/QT, so you just go full trololololo on -every- -single- -post-. BTW, even Linus has went and switched back to KDE (http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...tem&px=MTIyMDY) - good enough for the father and founder of Linux, good enough for me.

Comment

FACT: Qt is not protected by copyleft.

Consider that instead of pulling shit like what Linus uses. That changes quite often BTW.

Comment

Working...
                      X