Counter-Strike Source Now On Steam For Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F i L View Post
    citation? I just have a hard time believing that. Why on god's green earth anyone would use Flash to render the hud in a AAA video game is beyond me.
    If it is true, I really hope they're looking into alternatives to Flash for their HUD. CS:GO is, and has always been, my #1 anticipated game for Linux (if it's in the works). It would be really sad to hear it isn't being ported due to something like that.
    If i remember right they were using or are using flash also in natural selection 2 hud...

Comment

Originally posted by Dehir View Post
      If i remember right they were using or are using flash also in natural selection 2 hud...
      natural selection 2 was made by unknown worlds entertainment and it uses their own engine and i dont remember it having flash hud

Comment

This news is almost enough to make me cry. This is THE game for me that needed to work on Linux. It's a dream come true and I didn't even have to ask Santa.

Comment

Originally posted by AnorexiasGrizzli View Post
          natural selection 2 was made by unknown worlds entertainment and it uses their own engine and i dont remember it having flash hud
          If you read about the game in wiki or their forum there are some mentions about using the flash on the game hud.

Comment

Originally posted by AnorexiasGrizzli View Post
            have you ever used flash under linux? its a mess and it has always been
            Do you only use linux?
            Flash is a mess everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by nightmarex View Post
              Define cheap? I bought the lot of them for $29 US. I actually owned CS but wanted to show my love for Linux just bought them all considering it was only ~10 more than CS:GO by itself.

This sucks, wish this came out while I was waiting for TESV-Dragonborn (PlayOnLinux with steam version works flawless)... Now my spare time is shot to shit.
              I dunno, $5 or so. I don't mean to sound like a cheapskate but I reckon I'd seriously barely play them. And also I've spent more on Linux games in the past few months than I have on Windows in the last year or so LOL. It's worth it though.

Comment

Originally posted by F i L View Post
                citation? I just have a hard time believing that. Why on god's green earth anyone would use Flash to render the hud in a AAA video game is beyond me.
                If it is true, I really hope they're looking into alternatives to Flash for their HUD. CS:GO is, and has always been, my #1 anticipated game for Linux (if it's in the works). It would be really sad to hear it isn't being ported due to something like that.
                Nearly all Unreal Engine 3 games use flash for their hud. MOST AAA games recently use flash for their hud/menu's via some framework/library I can't think of right now however it's widely used. Rage, Dead Space, Bulletstorm, Crysis 2, and many more games use Flash for their hud/menu's. Flash gives the artist more control over their gui/hud. More 3d effects, shadows, etc. 'Flash' has been a very popular choice for gui's and menu's for a long time now.

Comment

Originally posted by Feared View Post
                  Nearly all Unreal Engine 3 games use flash for their hud. MOST AAA games recently use flash for their hud/menu's via some framework/library I can't think of right now however it's widely used. Rage, Dead Space, Bulletstorm, Crysis 2, and many more games use Flash for their hud/menu's. Flash gives the artist more control over their gui/hud. More 3d effects, shadows, etc. 'Flash' has been a very popular choice for gui's and menu's for a long time now.
                  The library you're talking about is scaleform.

Comment

It's Autodesk Scaleform, IIRC.

Comment

Haha, damn vbulletin for not telling there are new posts. Also damn vbulletin for having broken editing and deleting posts in Opera.

Ignore above post.

Comment

Working...
                      X