Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora Will Indeed Replace MySQL With MariaDB

Phoronix: Fedora Will Indeed Replace MySQL With MariaDB

All of the recent features talked about for Fedora 19 were basically approved, including the replacing of the Oracle MySQL server with that of the forked MariaDB edition...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I think this is a good thing. I have been using MariaDB for several months now on my laptop and on my server and it works great in both places.

Comment

MariaDB in Oracle Linux?

I really look forward to seeing how this plays out. If MariaDB makes its way into Redhat Oracle may be eventually forced into replacing there own product in Oracle linux if they are to continue to claim compatiblity with Redhat.

Comment

I cannot avoid commenting on the name

there are so many songs written for this database, so why not use it in the end

Comment

I approve this

+1
          (and 8 more frakking characters...)

Comment

1. Buy Sun Microsystems.
            2. Destroy the OpenSolaris community and make everyone run off to Linux.
            3. Destroy the OpenOffice.org community and make everyone run off to LibreOffice.
            4. Destroy the MySQL community and make everyone run off to MariaDB.
            5. Ignore Java vulnerabilities and make everyone run away screaming from Java.
            6. ???
            7. PROFIT?

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
              Don't give up yet, if they piss off too many devs an OpenJDK fork could still happen!

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                1. Buy Sun Microsystems.
                2. Destroy the OpenSolaris community and make everyone run off to Linux.
                3. Destroy the OpenOffice.org community and make everyone run off to LibreOffice.
                4. Destroy the MySQL community and make everyone run off to MariaDB.
                6. ???
                7. PROFIT?
                You forgot step SUE GOOGLE.

Comment

You also forgot step piss off the Hudson developers and make them fork it into Jenkins

Comment

Working...
                  X