Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: Wargame: European Escalation Coming Soon To Linux

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kostas View Post
    The whole driver situation will turn it into a royal PITA for CDP and given their size (while big they hardly have the recourses EA/Ubi/Activision do) I couldn't fault them I they didn't try. Witcher 2's approach to technology was so different it felt a bit like the Crysis of its time.
    Why? With Nvidia Linux is faster than Windows in commercial games. Furthermore, if it's working on OS X it will work far better on Linux with proprietary drivers.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pawlerson View Post
    It's more like Panthers, but in real time. I played quite a lot in Wargame and it's very polished when comes to realism. It's not perfect, but it's the one of the most realistic games I've ever played.
    Ok cool. I believe what you say. The videos of the game just gave quite different 'yet another rubbish RTS' image.

    Will have to buy it once it is released on GNU/Linux.

    I hope I stand corrected.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moilami View Post
    Ok cool. I believe what you say. The videos of the game just gave quite different 'yet another rubbish RTS' image.

    Will have to buy it once it is released on GNU/Linux.

    I hope I stand corrected.
    I recommend you to check more videos at youtube, because the one on Phoronix doesn't show true gameplay at all:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmAO6vdBMBY

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pawlerson View Post
    And it shows.

    Besides some obvious bugs they need to squash (which you can read in their Linux bug reporting thread on that forum), when I fired up Wargame:EE it felt like I had just fired up a new game in a typical Windows gaming PC; the game ran without any complaints and was just smooth everywhere and I haven't seen any visual glitches.
    I guess what I mean to say is it actually feels native rather than some half-assed port.

  5. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iniudan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FutureSuture View Post
    I would love for that to happen as well but GOG still doesn't support Linux unfortunately.
    CD Projekt (parent company of GOG) show interest in supporting Linux, if it is indeed in their plan to support Linux, knowing them they will bring it out with a bang (has they actually know how to use the internet has a free marketing tool), thus Witcher 3 release, which should be officially announced on the 5th, would be a good bet has the game to launch GOG Linux support.
    I do hope you are right as that sounds like the optimal scenario. Can you link me to where CD Projekt showed interest in supporting Linux? Introducing Linux support at the same time as launching The Witcher 3 (its launch hopefully including a Linux client) sounds great but what about Cyberpunk 2077 which is another title they are currently developing? What about The Witcher and The Witcher 2? GOG did not launch support for Mac OS with any new, major unreleased games either so it worries me.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Linuxland
    Posts
    5,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pawlerson View Post
    Why? With Nvidia Linux is faster than Windows in commercial games. Furthermore, if it's working on OS X it will work far better on Linux with proprietary drivers.
    Even better, if it works on OS X, it will also work on free drivers. The OS X GL driver quality is inferior to Mesa's.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FutureSuture View Post
    I do hope you are right as that sounds like the optimal scenario. Can you link me to where CD Projekt showed interest in supporting Linux? Introducing Linux support at the same time as launching The Witcher 3 (its launch hopefully including a Linux client) sounds great but what about Cyberpunk 2077 which is another title they are currently developing? What about The Witcher and The Witcher 2? GOG did not launch support for Mac OS with any new, major unreleased games either so it worries me.
    Here you go: http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/10/24/cd...and-more/#null

    Not the link I was trying to find but it work, for can't remember where the one I was looking for was, so was mostly just using google magic to find it. =p

  8. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iniudan View Post
    Here you go: http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/10/24/cd...and-more/#null

    Not the link I was trying to find but it work, for can't remember where the one I was looking for was, so was mostly just using google magic to find it. =p
    I see! Well, then let's encourage them to speed up the process!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •