Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valley View Support On Linux Still Being Enabled

Phoronix: Valley View Support On Linux Still Being Enabled

When it comes to Intel hardware enablement on Linux, most of what's been talked about lately is the Haswell support for the soon-to-be-launched processors. However, the Valley View support on Linux is still being worked on for the next-generation Atom SoC that boasts in-house Intel HD graphics...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

WOW....so many people interested in ValleyView here at Phoronix

Anyway....i gonna give me comment...

WFC ?!?

ValleyView faster as graphics goes 3-4 times than current Atoms with PowerVR ?!?

How "nice" ....the problem is that the PowerVR graphics are a regression compared with previous gen Atom graphics believe it or not...

...and taking in account that those were clearly inferior by a big margin to an AMD Brazos 2.0 like the E-350, this all means that a E-350 will still beat the crap out of ValleyView ATOMs as for gaming goes....yes. it's true, you can actually play well games with a E-350 !!!

I stopped waiting for ValleyView and after my experience with a AMD A10-5800K and just build a HTPC/light_gaming_PC with a mini-ITX E-350 Mobo and couldn't be happier !!!

Comment

Originally posted by AJSB View Post
      WOW....so many people interested in ValleyView here at Phoronix

Anyway....i gonna give me comment...

WFC ?!?

ValleyView faster as graphics goes 3-4 times than current Atoms with PowerVR ?!?

How "nice" ....the problem is that the PowerVR graphics are a regression compared with previous gen Atom graphics believe it or not...

...and taking in account that those were clearly inferior by a big margin to an AMD Brazos 2.0 like the E-350, this all means that a E-350 will still beat the crap out of ValleyView ATOMs as for gaming goes....yes. it's true, you can actually play well games with a E-350 !!!

I stopped waiting for ValleyView and after my experience with a AMD A10-5800K and just build a HTPC/light_gaming_PC with a mini-ITX E-350 Mobo and couldn't be happier !!!
      ValleyView is meant for tablets, not laptops. You aren't going to get an A10-5800K in a tablet.

Comment

I didn't compared or said that a A10-5800K is meant for tablets or Netbooks !!!

I only said that after my experience ( of building of an mini-ITX rig ) with a A10-5800K i decided to build also an mini-ITX HTPC/light_gaming_machine with a (AMD) E-350 (APU motherboard) instead of wait and doing it with a ValleyView ATOM mini-ITX !!!

My comparison of Intel ATOMs vs AMD e-350 mini-ITX motherboards is perfectly valid because both chip families are used in mini-ITX MoBos for industrial/HTPC/light_gaming_rigs and botyh chip families are in more or less same TDP range !!!

Comment

Working...
        X