Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 239 News Stories & 20 Articles About Linux This Month

Phoronix: 239 News Stories & 20 Articles About Linux This Month

It was another exciting month on Phoronix with having published 239 original news articles and 20 featured articles...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: 239 News Stories & 20 Articles About Linux This Month

It was another exciting month on Phoronix with having published 239 original news articles and 20 featured articles...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTI4OTU
    I don't think articles that consist of quoting mailing list and commit messages + linking to other phoronix "articles" should be considered "original news"

Comment

News about a news site having published many news. Really?

Comment

Originally posted by ultimA View Post
        News about a news site having published many news. Really?
        Oh yes exciting times indeed lol

Comment

I think a monthly news round-up is reasonable. It reminds people of what Phoronix provides, namely, a single point of reference for a crapload of information about open source software, drivers and operating systems.

I don't subscribe to all the mailing lists Mr. Larabel does, but I'm still interested in the latest release of Fedora, Clang and DragonflyBSD. Phoronix provides a valuable service for me: it saves me the time of skimming one hundred and eleventy mailing lists for release announcements and general project updates.

I'm not sure about the relative salaries of other members of the forums, but for me a premium subscription is a relatively paltry sum that means I am supporting a site that I visit multiple times per day. A site that major developers visit and contribute to via the forums. If a monthly reminder of how much Mr. Larabel does helps to encourage a few more people to do without a glass or two of beer per week in order to support him, then I'm all in favour of it.

Comment

Originally posted by archibald View Post
            I'm not sure about the relative salaries of other members of the forums, but for me a premium subscription is a relatively paltry sum that means I am supporting a site that I visit multiple times per day. A site that major developers visit and contribute to via the forums. If a monthly reminder of how much Mr. Larabel does helps to encourage a few more people to do without a glass or two of beer per week in order to support him, then I'm all in favour of it.
            Thank you.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Here's a news story: the Ubuntu assholes/devs are thinking about using their own solution instead of Wayland:

Wayland has a tonne of teatures like X.org - only an asshole can say something like that with a straight face.

Comment

Wow. Way to go Ubuntu, you're clearly confident you have the manpower to finish that, and also that you don't need compatiblity with any existing applications. GLHF.

Comment

Working...
                X