Heroes of Newerth 3.0 Has Many Game Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Loafers View Post
    Despite their Linux support, I would not recommend this game.
    Why? I played LoL, DOTA 2 and HoN and enjoy HoN the most. Moreover S2 Games supports Linux as you said already...

Comment

Former HoN Player since beta 2009.

Here are reasons why:

The DDOS "Indian" Attacks that wiped out stats.
      Numerous patches that lacked quality assurance. (Remember Gemini?)
      A player notified S2 of a Database Security Hole, but they did nothing. Guess what happened? Passwords got leaked and stolen. The exploit can be found on a YouTube video. S2 did nothing to fix this before shit went down.
      Lack of foresight in gameplay balance. Remember pre-nerf Gemini? Ra? Nomad? These are just a few instances of HoN dev's incompetence.
      Remember the HoN tour that was promised? how long did it take?
      Remember map editor and custom games that was promised? Is it out yet?
      Lies lies lies promises promises promises.
      Competitive scene slowly killed by S2 incompetence and apathy. As a result, all the best players already left for Dota 2.

Nome and Pudding left when they knew the ship was sinking.

Just because it works on Linux doesn't mean it's a good game lmfao. But hey, each to their own — right?

Comment

Former HoN Player since beta 2009.

Here are reasons why:

The DDOS "Indian" Attacks that wiped out stats.
        Numerous patches that lacked quality assurance. (Remember Gemini?)
        A player notified S2 of a Database Security Hole, but they did nothing. Guess what happened? Passwords got leaked and stolen. The exploit can be found on a YouTube video. S2 did nothing to fix this before shit went down.
        Lack of foresight in gameplay balance. Remember pre-nerf Gemini? Ra? Nomad? These are just a few instances of HoN dev's incompetence.
        Remember the HoN tour that was promised? how long did it take?
        Remember map editor and custom games that was promised? Is it out yet?
        Lies lies lies promises promises promises.
        Competitive scene slowly killed by S2 incompetence and apathy. As a result, all the best players already left for Dota 2.

Nome and Pudding left when they knew the ship was sinking.

Just because it works on Linux doesn't mean it's a good game lmfao. But hey, each to their own ? right?
        95% of users don't care about ANY of this. They care about one thing: Is the game fun?

And on that metric I would hardily recommend it.

Comment

Originally posted by KameZero View Post
          95% of users don't care about ANY of this. They care about one thing: Is the game fun?

And on that metric I would hardily recommend it.
          you mean not being able to log in is fun?

oh i forgot this video LOL:

i bet that gemini had fun. dunno about the players he was up against, but i imagine they weren't too happy.

Comment

oh yeah here's another video:

GG.

want more vidoes of $2 incompetence?

Comment

oh yeah here's another video:

GG.

want more vidoes of $2 incompetence?
              Hmm, downtime that was, what almost two years ago at this point and a bug that lasted a few hours? Yeah, I'm sure your average user REALLY cares.

Comment

you mean not being able to log in is fun?

oh i forgot this video LOL:

i bet that gemini had fun. dunno about the players he was up against, but i imagine they weren't too happy.
                I loled.

Everyone play gemini at that point. GG xD

Comment

It's true that HoN had downtime due to DDoS and other stuffs.
                  It's also true that critical bugs (like the one with gemini) are annoying, however those got fixed pretty fast.

While S2 Games have made many mistakes and whatnot, HoN is still fun and the performance is great in Linux.

I feel that discussing stuffs like Dota 2 is a better game then HoN or the other way around is pointless. Both games are fun - there's not really any need to trash-talk any of them.

Comment

What about that I heard HoN have shitty community Just asking.

Comment

Originally posted by KameZero View Post
                      Hmm, downtime that was, what almost two years ago at this point and a bug that lasted a few hours? Yeah, I'm sure your average user REALLY cares.
                      The average user DOES care (wouldn't you be mad if you couldn't play a game that you paid for?) and those were just 2 instances (out of many) of general $2 incompetence and lack of quality assurance. I find it incredibly amusing you chose to address only 2 issues (very weakly if I might add) while simply ignoring the rest.

I left out the biggest instance of $2 douchebaggery: Maliken adamantly telling all the people who paid $30 for the game (such as myself) that it won't be F2P. Guess what happened? It went F2P. Then the whole pay2win issue entailed, which completely contradicted what they had said previously yet again. Do you remember what happened? Clearly you must b/c you are the more knowledgeable one here, but just in case you forgot, there was a massive shitstorm: quoted pictures of $2 statement contradicting themselves started cropping up in everyone's forum signature. Do you know what $2 did? They disabled images in signature.

Oh yeah remember that bug where you could spectate a spectator who was spectating a spectator... causing players to disconnect and be unable to rejoin? Losing players would pull that shit off at the last moment to prevent a loss on their record. That wasn't fun.

Remember when Ra first came out and was instapicked every game? Every noob would have over 400+ gpm. The fact that his ult was a reincarnation was even more retarded seeing how it was impossible to even kill him once. That wasn't fun.

Remember Gemini? No not not the exploit, but the hero itself. The opposing team would ALL have to get cyclone just to prevent the dogs from conjoining. That wasn't fun.

Remember when Tremble first came out? Remember $2 saying the hero didn't need any balancing? Guess what changed their mind: a player created a new account named "Tremblerape" and almost reached 40+ straight wins in Solo Queue. $2 response? Nerf.

I could go on, but it seems nothing I say will get you of $2's teat because clearly none of this stuff applies to you, but for the rest of us who once put faith and money in the game, it does.

HoN WAS a good game, but if you still enjoy it, then so be it.
                      Last edited by Loafers; 01 February 2013, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X