Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QXL/SPICE KMS Driver May Finally Be Developed

Phoronix: QXL/SPICE KMS Driver May Finally Be Developed

Red Hat may finally get to developing a KMS/DRM driver for QXL/SPICE to be used in conjunction with QXL for virtualization. This is a stepping-stone to eventually supporting SPICE 3D for allowing Red Hat virtual machines to tap hardware graphics acceleration support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Heh, this should be a walk in the park for all the driver devs that have to design a driver based on some documentation (radeon) or no documentation at all (nouveau)!

At least now they know how things should look like 'on the other side'

Comment

It'll prob the same level of difficulty as intel
      All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Hopefully the work will also include passing command streams (E.g. OpenGL) to the host.
        It should improve desktop performance when running both Windows clients and Linux clients (Though I doubt that it'll come near to bare-metal performance).

- Gilboa
        oVirt-HV1: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 128GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX1080 (to-VM), Dell U3219Q, U2415, U2412M.
        oVirt-HV2: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 120GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX730 (to-VM).
        oVirt-HV3: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 4x1TB, 2x480GB SSD, GTX980 (to-VM).
        Devel-2: Asus H110M-K, i5-6500, 16GB, 3x1TB + 128GB-SSD, F33.

Comment

Working...
        X