Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KScreen Sees Its First Alpha Release

Phoronix: KScreen Sees Its First Alpha Release

KScreen, the new way of managing monitors/outputs on Linux when running the KDE Plasma desktop, saw its first alpha release this weekend...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Kudoz!
    The current display manager is very limited.

Comment

This has the potential to make me move from Xfce to KDE.

Comment

Apparently it doesn't play ball with Catalyst (from ARCH AUR comment)... Hmmm why doesn't that surprise me

I notice with my Nvidia 8800GTX card if you do 2 screen rotations without applying the changes in between then the screen orientation rotates 90? - however the screen representation has been rotated 180?. So obviously not ready for daily use just **yet**. Generally I like the way multi-monitor support is heading in KDE - from looking at these videos. It's annoying just now that KDE doesn't actually remember any settings or defaults (even with say the "Linux X-Server friendly" radeon driver) -why have these buttons?

Comment

Originally posted by bobwya View Post
          So obviously not ready for daily use just **yet**.
          You do know what "alpha" means, right

Comment

Originally posted by TheBlackCat View Post
            You do know what "alpha" means, right
            Of course

Comment

Working...
            X