Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Counter-Strike 1.6 Also Native To Linux

Phoronix: Counter-Strike 1.6 Also Native To Linux

In addition to yesterday's release of Half-Life for Linux, Counter-Strike 1.6 was added to the Steam CDR as another game that Valve Software is making natively available for Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I do have CS and CSS in my Steam account. For years. But I got bored at some point. This is a good excuse to go back to it and frag some noobz :-)

Comment

Small addition

I have just added a small post about how to play more mods as Valve actually supplies the client libraries for several mods. See http://steamcommunity.com/app/221410...7912745982895/ for details.

Comment

It is now officially released, not only avaible through the workaround like yesterday.

Comment

Finally. I have been waiting this for decades... To bad i dont play it anymore

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
            I do have CS and CSS in my Steam account. For years. But I got bored at some point. This is a good excuse to go back to it and frag some noobz :-)
            Headshot!

Comment

Originally posted by Dehir View Post
              To bad i dont play it anymore
              Well that is quite easy to remedy

Comment

x3:Reunion is now playable on Steam for Linux:
                X3:Reunion previously an LGP title (it's been re-ported) is now available on Steam and playable on Linux, not yet listed under Linux in the official Steam store but it is installable an...

Comment

Oh god yes! I've been looking for a reason to buy that game again (ever since CS:GO's performance problem on AMD + Win8). Can't wait! Thanks Valve!

Comment

Just checked the stats on Steam, and damn, Counter-Strike is almost as popular as Counter-Strike: Source and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive combined! I guess Valve is doing this in order of popularity, excluding DOTA2.

Comment

Working...
                    X