Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starch Linux: OpenBSD Atop Arch's Linux Kernel

Phoronix: Starch Linux: OpenBSD Atop Arch's Linux Kernel

Earlier this week I wrote about Arch BSD: a new operating system that is based upon Arch Linux but in place of the Linux kernel is FreeBSD's kernel. To talk about today is Starch Linux, a distribution also derived from Arch but its approach is the opposite. Starch Linux still runs off Arch's Linux kernel but it has an OpenBSD user-space...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Those fucks creating Frankenstein shit by using BSD and mixing it with other OS including linux should stop wasting their time and other people's time cause their efforts are draining resources from Linux and helping BSD, Microsoft and Apple.

So stop fucking up linux and just use Linux or go home and get fucked.

Comment

Comment

Lolwut, doesn't this seem like... backwards?

Comment

Starch Linux: Kill me... Please kill me...

Comment

Originally posted by pdffs View Post
            Lolwut, doesn't this seem like... backwards?
            Why? A lot of posts around the Internet has often mentioned the dream of a Linux with BSD userland. Hopefully it will clean out some GNUisms in scripts etc so that the end result is that stuff gets more standards-compliant (rather than "de facto standard" compliant). The OpenBSD tools are generally considered very high quality.

I am very curious about this project. Currently I have "chickened out" and only have it as a chroot on my Arch linux system. The opposite with Starch as base system and dynamic Arch as an optional chroot would however be more interesting.

Comment

This doesn't seem to make much sense. Is Arch's kernel really all that different? I know Gentoo's isn't. Certainly not different enough to warrant the Arch association. But it does use pacman, which is far more significant. Where does it even say that they use Arch's kernel anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by BSD SUCKS DICKS View Post
                I loled.

They say one picture can tell more than thousand words.

Comment

Originally posted by staalmannen View Post
                  Why? A lot of posts around the Internet has often mentioned the dream of a Linux with BSD userland. Hopefully it will clean out some GNUisms in scripts etc so that the end result is that stuff gets more standards-compliant (rather than "de facto standard" compliant). The OpenBSD tools are generally considered very high quality.

I am very curious about this project. Currently I have "chickened out" and only have it as a chroot on my Arch linux system. The opposite with Starch as base system and dynamic Arch as an optional chroot would however be more interesting.
                  OpenBSD TOOLS ARE SHIT, they have extreme limited functionality. Why use those crap when Linux tools are far superior to any.

Comment

When you replace any part of GNU/Linux with BSD crap, use lose superior functionality.

Get that true your fucking heads

Comment

Working...
                    X