Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xfce 4.12 Desktop Is Moving Along For Release Soon

Phoronix: Xfce 4.12 Desktop Is Moving Along For Release Soon

While all of the talk recently in the Linux desktop world is about GNOME 3.8, KDE 4.10, or the desktop forks like Consort and Cinnamon, the Xfce desktop continues moving along vigorously. The next major release, Xfce 4.12, is due out in mid-March...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The Best

The best linux desktop so far. The other ones are too bloated.

Comment

Originally posted by wargames View Post
      The other major ones aim to be more integrated and have fancier features, so if you don't like them, don't use them. To each his own... and xfce for me because it's really intuitive.
      I'm using Thunar 1.6.2 now and editing multuple file properties is cool because I can do basic audio tagging easier.

Comment

Gtk

Too bad it didn't transition to GTK3 yet.

Comment

Originally posted by wargames View Post
          challenge accepted.

Comment

Go XFCE! I intend to give this a go as my next desktop environment (currently running Gnome fallback mode on Fedora 15). It would be nice to have a GTK3 version running on CentOS.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
              Too bad it didn't transition to GTK3 yet.
              xfce devs determined that it wouldn't give users a lot of benefit, and they wanted to wait for gtk3 standards to stabilize.

Comment

Next: XFCE 5 in QT5

Comment

Shame that this probably will not make it into Fedora 19, as those Thunar changes sound awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamish Wilson View Post
                    Shame that this probably will not make it into Fedora 19, as those Thunar changes sound awesome.
                    They'll make it in, Fedora 18 will get it too. Fedora does 1 big DE update per release
                    All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Working...
                    X