Linux boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux boot

This began attempting to use Redo Backup on an ASrock 970 Pro3, I also tried ubuntu 12.04 and mint14 and all seem to hang at a blank screen. I tested the usb drives and a CD on other PCs to verify they work and the system will boot into win7. I also tried generic mouse/keyboard and the video card is a 550ti that worked in other linux systems. Is there some known issue with the 970 chipset or is this something odd, any insight would be great.

100% All Solid Capacitor design; Supports AM3+ Processor, 8-Core CPU; Supports Dual Channel DDR3 2100(OC); 2 x PCIe 2.0 x16 Slots, Support AMD Quad CrossFireX™ and CrossFireX™; 2 x USB 3.1 Gen1, 6 x SATA3; Supports XFast RAM, XFast LAN, XFast USB, OMG, Internet Flash, On/Off Play, UEFI System Browser; 7.1 CH HD Audio with Content Protection (Realtek ALC892 Audio Codec); Free Bundle : CyberLink MediaEspresso 6.5 Trial

I also tried resetting then updating the bios. I can hardly remember the last time I had issues booting linux, asrock makes me want to cry.

Comment

Thanks your post. I am new here.

Regards FUAD

Comment

I realized I was only trying 32bit distros, a 64bit ubuntu boot up without issue.

Comment

Working...
        X