Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arch BSD: Arch Linux Atop The FreeBSD Kernel

Phoronix: Arch BSD: Arch Linux Atop The FreeBSD Kernel

The Arch BSD operating system is moving forward, an attempt at a BSD platform that's inspired by the Arch Linux distribution and using its package-set...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

not everyone wants to compile
    Someone please tell the dev how pkg_add works.

Comment

N0 fahk BSD and it's users comment's yet? Must not be the troll bait I thought it was. I hope the best for this incarnation of Arch seeing the problems the Arch ARM is having with performance.

Comment

... and the reverse also based on Arch

Funnily enough there is also the reverse effort at

which takes much of the userland from OpenBSD and uses musl libc and static linking.

A project I find more interesting But kudos to the Arch/BSD guys too. Nice with people pushing the limits.

Comment

They're trying to port it since years and it's still far from complete. I can't understand why you're bringing this here. I forgot: while systemd is default now, I recommend you to stop wasting your time and go home.
          Last edited by Guest; 23 January 2013, 11:48 AM.

Comment

mind-June
            Whoops.

Not really convinced about the benefits of this project... Now if I could just work out how to boot into my PC-BSD install (ZFS) with Grub-2 I'd be laughing

Comment

Originally posted by nightmarex View Post
              N0 fahk BSD and it's users comment's yet?
              Banned :-)

Comment

Userland

FreeBSD's or GNU's userland?

Comment

GNU's, unfortunately.

OTOH, a FreeBSD kernel with the BSD userland would pretty much be FreeBSD, not Arch-anything.

Comment

Originally posted by archibald View Post
                    Banned :-)
                    Sorry I seriously couldn't finish reading those threads to find that out... Thanks for the update.

Stachlinux, now that's interesting.

Comment

Working...
                    X