Kde

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kde

I'm curious as to why this forum is rather GNOME biased. There's a GNOME section and no KDE section. There's a link to the spreadgnome site and there's no spreadkde site. I'm a big fan of KDE, I think GNOME looks rather dull. But this is all personal preference, just like the linux distro one chooses, but in that same sense, some will be better than others.

--Scott

There was a KDE section up, but it saw no activity so it was removed, and there were no complaints. Anyhow, it should be back up now.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Oh ok, I guess I must have joined after the KDE section was removed. Heh, that was just a big misunderstanding.

--Scott

Comment

I am also a KDE fan. I've been toying around with GNOME lately but I just can't get into it. I prefer KDE far more.

Comment

I'm also a KDE user. Personally, I hate the default look, style, window decoration and color scheme, but fortunately everything can be customized to my own liking. This is the main reason I favor KDE over GNOME, even though I think GNOME looks much, much better by default. I also prefer Qt over Gtk+, so KDE is my desktop environment of choice.

Comment

Kde

I also like KDE more, for many reasons. I always keep GNOME on one of my desktop machines and try to use it for a couple of days after a new version comes out but so far I have always returned back to working in KDE. Qt is just so much nicer (especially if you try to program using it), there are more options to configure KDE, and the apps in KDE are more powerful Oh yeah another big plus of KDE is that it has much more complete translation into my mother language. I'll see what next version of GNOME brings and how it will compare to KDE 4.

Comment

Well, I use KDE when I cannot install XFCE. I just think KDE has some annoyances, but overall, it's a usable environment. I still stick to XFCE when I can.

Comment

Working...
              X