AMD Legacy Catalyst 13.1 for HD2000-4000 is out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by edoantonioco View Post
    I have ati hd Radeon 4250, and I have tried to install it in too many different distros (ubuntu 12.04 with kernel 3.5 and 3.8, ubuntu 12.10, ubuntu 13.04 (following all the tutorials in the web, doing the xorg downgrade to 1.12, etc), chakra, manjaro, opensuse, linux mint 14, elementary os with kernel 3.8, etc) and I cant install it, wen I restart te pc just appear a black screen than make me to reinstall the distro again. Now I am using mesa 9.2, and works good, but not enought for steam linux games
    Are you using the SB optimizations ? My recollection is that they make a big difference on low end hardware. The hd4250 has a 40 ALU shader core, so along with hd2400, hd3450 etc... are the smallest r600-family shader cores we made.
    Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
      Are you using the SB optimizations ? My recollection is that they make a big difference on low end hardware. The hd4250 has a 40 ALU shader core, so along with hd2400, hd3450 etc... are the smallest r600-family shader cores we made.
      No, Im not, but now I want to use it
      So, according to this article from phoronix
      Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

it says
      "[...] can be enabled via the R600_DEBUG=sb environment variable"
      So, how can I activate it? Where do I have to put that sentence, inside which file?
      Thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
      X