• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Legacy Catalyst 13.1 for HD2000-4000 is out

AMD Legacy Catalyst 13.1 for HD2000-4000 is out

AMD site: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownloa...eon_linux.aspx

Download: http://www2.ati.com/drivers/legacy/a...x86.x86_64.zip

I hope this will be incorporated in to the "Additional Drivers" Ubuntu utility because that has always been the only way I have ever gotten the ATI driver installed. I have tried over 20 times over the years and two more times with the latest 13.1 and have had ZERO success.

If someone has had success in creating the Ubuntu 12.10 installer for this recent driver, I would love to get it from you. The installer always says it was successfull only to say on the next screen that there are errors.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodolandy View Post
      I hope this will be incorporated in to the "Additional Drivers" Ubuntu utility because that has always been the only way I have ever gotten the ATI driver installed. I have tried over 20 times over the years and two more times with the latest 13.1 and have had ZERO success.

If someone has had success in creating the Ubuntu 12.10 installer for this recent driver, I would love to get it from you. The installer always says it was successfull only to say on the next screen that there are errors.
      The error reporting is just awful, I know. The thing is, you have to have lots of things installed (gcc, make, kernel headers, ... sorry I don't know them by heart) and the installer is very vague and says all ok and then changes its mind and says that some log somewhere might explain the issue further instead of just spelling out "dear user, please install this package".

I normally just run, look at the log, install what's needed, ... and so on until it works. If you want, post your log to pastebin and I'll be happy to help.

Comment

Don't use the installler. Do

sudo ./amd-driver.sh --buildpkg Ubuntu/quantal
        sudo dpkg -i fglrx*.deb
        sudo apt-get -f install

Done.

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
          Don't use the installler. Do

sudo ./amd-driver.sh --buildpkg Ubuntu/quantal
          sudo dpkg -i fglrx*.deb
          sudo apt-get -f install

Done.
          It doesn't support Quantal.

Comment

Originally posted by LordSocky View Post
            It doesn't support Quantal.
            My bad. Precise it is.

Comment

Team Fortress 2 now run wit the 13.1 Legacy driver

Before the 13.1 driver at lauch the game team fortress fail with the GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decode http://steamcommunity.com/app/221410...8351012409765/
              now it works fine with the Radeon HD 4250

Comment

What about Fedora 18? Can download the automated installer (*.run), give it permission to execute and execute?

Comment

Originally posted by Bucic View Post
                  What about Fedora 18? Can download the automated installer (*.run), give it permission to execute and execute?
                  The answer is probably yes if it has Xorg version equal or less than 1.12. Using distro specific packages is advisable though(through repos or create them from the *.run file).

Edit: Must also check for the kernel version and apply required patches if it's newer than the supported one.

Comment

Originally posted by Rigaldo View Post
                    The answer is probably yes if it has Xorg version equal or less than 1.12. Using distro specific packages is advisable though(through repos or create them from the *.run file).

Edit: Must also check for the kernel version and apply required patches if it's newer than the supported one.
                    xorg version <=12? The whole point of the updated driver is to add support for xorg up to version 13, so I think you're mistaken.

Comment

Working...
                    X