Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: AMD Catalyst 13.1 For Linux Officially Does X.Org 1.13

Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    Amd shows how clever they are, not even kernel 3.7 works without patches. They can not even apply community patches, that is absolutely annoying.
    I bet they just don't want to do all the testing for such a "young" kernel.
    And obviously, just applying those patches without further tests is a no go.

Don't get me wrong, I'd also like to see AMD catch up with recent X.Org and kernel releases way faster.

If you go to http://kernel.org/ and look for a "stable" kernel, you get 3.7.3. Not supporting it is not the right thing to do.

Amd shows how clever they are, not even kernel 3.7 works without patches.
    Do you have a link to those patches?

You find em inside the ubuntu packageing.

http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/poo....debian.tar.gz

There are 5 patches inside, but only 2 are active when you look into debian/dkms.conf.in.

You find em inside the ubuntu packageing.

http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/poo....debian.tar.gz

There are 5 patches inside, but only 2 are active when you look into debian/dkms.conf.in.
    Thanks for that!

I run Debian Testing and i have the 3.7.3-trunk-686 kernel installed from the experimental repos. Today i installed the 13.1 driver from the experimental repos and works perfectly (installed for both 3.6 and 3.7 kernels), so they probably patched it already it seems.

Previously the 12.11 driver wasnt compiling on 3.7 unless i applied the patch.

Debian added the 3.7 patch for -1, if you get -2 then it should contain the 3.8 patch as well.

Default New Legacy Driver available

As a new Windows Legacy Catalyst is available

Windows Legacy Catalyst 13.1

I just checked the Linux driver page and there is also a new one listed as Catalyst 13.1

Linux Legacy Catalyst 13.1

Contrary to the Windows driver, the version on the top of the page still says "Version 12.6" but is called "Revision number 13.1".
    Apparently the driver is still stuck to kernel 3.4 and X.Org 1.12.

Default Terrible tearing in Unigine Heaven

Overall 13.1 from the Debian repo is working quite well for me (except that amdcccle could not handle my multi-monitor configuration and I had to set everything in xorg.conf.)

But when I just ran Unigine Heaven 3.0 via the PTS I got horrible tearing and flickering. At any time the main screen is about half black and half rendered. Does anybody have an idea what could cause this? The Vsync option in amdcccle didn't change anything.

Quote Originally Posted by rrohbeck View Post
    Overall 13.1 from the Debian repo is working quite well for me (except that amdcccle could not handle my multi-monitor configuration and I had to set everything in xorg.conf.)

But when I just ran Unigine Heaven 3.0 via the PTS I got horrible tearing and flickering. At any time the main screen is about half black and half rendered. Does anybody have an idea what could cause this? The Vsync option in amdcccle didn't change anything.
    Ah, known bug, I have to disable KDE desktop effects