AMD Catalyst 13.1 For Linux Officially Does X.Org 1.13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kano View Post
    Amd shows how clever they are, not even kernel 3.7 works without patches. They can not even apply community patches, that is absolutely annoying.
    I bet they just don't want to do all the testing for such a "young" kernel.
    And obviously, just applying those patches without further tests is a no go.

Don't get me wrong, I'd also like to see AMD catch up with recent X.Org and kernel releases way faster.

Comment

If you go to http://kernel.org/ and look for a "stable" kernel, you get 3.7.3. Not supporting it is not the right thing to do.

Comment

Amd shows how clever they are, not even kernel 3.7 works without patches.
        Do you have a link to those patches?

Comment

You find em inside the ubuntu packageing.

There are 5 patches inside, but only 2 are active when you look into debian/dkms.conf.in.

Comment

You find em inside the ubuntu packageing.

There are 5 patches inside, but only 2 are active when you look into debian/dkms.conf.in.
            Thanks for that!

Comment

I run Debian Testing and i have the 3.7.3-trunk-686 kernel installed from the experimental repos. Today i installed the 13.1 driver from the experimental repos and works perfectly (installed for both 3.6 and 3.7 kernels), so they probably patched it already it seems.

Previously the 12.11 driver wasnt compiling on 3.7 unless i applied the patch.

Comment

Debian added the 3.7 patch for -1, if you get -2 then it should contain the 3.8 patch as well.

Comment

New Legacy Driver available

As a new Windows Legacy Catalyst is available

Windows Legacy Catalyst 13.1

I just checked the Linux driver page and there is also a new one listed as Catalyst 13.1

Linux Legacy Catalyst 13.1

Contrary to the Windows driver, the version on the top of the page still says "Version 12.6" but is called "Revision number 13.1".
                  Apparently the driver is still stuck to kernel 3.4 and X.Org 1.12.

Comment

Working...
                  X