Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Fedora 19 Feature Talk: BIND10, GCC 4.8, E17, Etc

Phoronix: More Fedora 19 Feature Talk: BIND10, GCC 4.8, E17, Etc

More features for Fedora 19, a.k.a. the the Schr?dinger's Cat release, have been proposed...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I hope they put only a few new features in.
    F18 got delayed a lot and still (to me) is less stable than Ubuntu 12.10, yesterday I tried out F18 and it stopped me at the login screen at first live cd boot, and I didn't see the "Live System User", so I rebooted back to Ubuntu.

Comment

Seeing this makes me sad that RHEL7 will not have most of this

Comment

Originally posted by SyXbiT View Post
        They might, RHEL is based off of F18 but it does get some backports. So they may backport the new languages and maybe BIND10
        All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by SyXbiT View Post
          You aren't missing much.

RHEL doesn't ship a lot of these components in the base repository anyway. For some like Bind10, it will be parallel installable with the older version because its a brand new rewrite and will take time to mature. Others like GCC will either be inherited before release or parallel installable packages will probably be provided based on customer demand as Red Hat has done in the past.

Comment

I am assuming it will not be Fedora 18's Anaconda that will be used in RHEL though, not until it has had a bit more time to mature. Quite a few features look like they were delayed until Fedora 19.

Comment

Working...
            X