Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Cave" Is Coming To Steam On Linux Next Week

Phoronix: "The Cave" Is Coming To Steam On Linux Next Week

Planned for release next week, on 23 January, is "The Cave" game and there will be a native Linux port when it debuts on Valve's Steam platform...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Cool. It actually looks really fun.

Comment

Originally posted by e8hffff View Post
      Cool. It actually looks really fun.
      I completely agree! Also, Double Fine is an excellent company to support; they're strongly interested in making future games available on Linux as well (I know... I asked several of them personally, and they responded favorably). As long as they keep making cool fun games for us, I feel it's fair that we support them

I wish them all possible success with The Cave, and Double Fine Adventure (whatever it ends up being called...).

Comment

Originally posted by jaggers View Post
        I completely agree! Also, Double Fine is an excellent company to support; they're strongly interested in making future games available on Linux as well (I know... I asked several of them personally, and they responded favorably). As long as they keep making cool fun games for us, I feel it's fair that we support them

I wish them all possible success with The Cave, and Double Fine Adventure (whatever it ends up being called...).
        I just ordered of eBay SNES controller and an adaptor to work on PC(USB->SNES), so I can play this with the best controller design.

Comment

It would be great if we see a "Humble Debut Bundle" with Br?tal Legend (Linux/Mac/Win).
          AFAIK it hasn't be released on PC at all. While critically acclaimed it didn't sell well.
          That would definitely generate way more money than it costs to port it.

Comment

Looks cool

From the video it looks cool and fun and entertaining.
            It looks like it is a nice game that isn't like every other boring game.

Comment

This has WANT all over it, need to get a new Playstation type controller though...

Comment

I bought this earlier today when I found out about the Linux support.

Does anyone know what engine it's running on? Custom?

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
                    Phoronix: "The Cave" Is Coming To Steam On Linux Next Week

there will be a native Linux port when it debuts on Valve's Steam platform...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTI3NTU
                    Looks like its only released for Windows and Mac at this point. Disappointing that it was not released to Linux on debut

Comment

Working...
                    X