Crusader Kings 2 Game Ships For Linux On Steam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone who get crashed could try that temporary fix:
    We deeply apologize for the issues with the Mac version of the game, and while we are working on a proper patch, here is temporary fix that you can extract into your game if you are tech savvy. Another workaround should be to set your Master...

It's also works for Linux version.

Comment

Much slower on Linux than windows

Originally posted by entropy View Post
      Removing the "__" from the defines was sufficient.
      It "seems" to work with mesa 9.0, r600g, HD 4000.
      I didn't have the time to actually play it.
      The resolution was fixed at 1920x1200 (native).
      Hence, the game is slow.
      Maybe there are some config files around to change it manually.
      What in the world have these guys done?

Windows requirements: Video Card: NVIDIA? GeForce 8800 or ATI Radeon? X1900, 512mb graphics memory required.

Linux requirements: ATI Radeon HD 6750 / NVIDIA GeForce 320 / NVIDIA GeForce > 9600 or higher, 1024MB graphics

The difference in graphics requirements is huge, and the game hardly displays anything remotely graphically intense. I bought this assuming is would run on my Laptop ( RV620 i.e 3000HD ) to play on the train on the way to work but its far to slow even on the latest Mesa 9.1 drivers. Anyone know what in the world these guys have done to require such greater graphics card compaired to Windows. The game only displays a map with a few things on it, its not like is a FPS.

Comment

Originally posted by timothyja View Post
        What in the world have these guys done?

Windows requirements: Video Card: NVIDIA? GeForce 8800 or ATI Radeon? X1900, 512mb graphics memory required.

Linux requirements: ATI Radeon HD 6750 / NVIDIA GeForce 320 / NVIDIA GeForce > 9600 or higher, 1024MB graphics
        Isn't the GeForce 9600 just a re-branded 8600?

Comment

Perhaps it tries to calculate bitcoins while you play?

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
            Isn't the GeForce 9600 just a re-branded 8600?
            I'm not sure about this but the Radeon cards are miles apart. Also 512mb of ram vs 1024 mb something smells very half arsed about this port.

Edit: See a comparison of the Nvidia cards here look to be a considerable difference http://www.hwcompare.com/4393/geforc...e-9600-gt-1gb/
            Last edited by timothyja; 10 February 2013, 05:59 PM.

Comment

I have a 9600 gt with 512 mb of ram and I have no problem playing the game.

By the way, if I remember correctly what the reviews were saying when the card was new, the 9600 was often compared to the 8800.

Comment

Working...
              X