No announcement yet.

Crusader Kings 2 Game Ships For Linux On Steam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May have to wait for an update before I can fully play it. There are a few non-graphical bugs, like clicking on the shield Kingdom View icon can cause a seg fault and the tutorial doesn't always progress, it just sorta sits there even when you've done the task it asks you to.

I think most of the actual game is quite playable though.

Comment

Originally posted by ElderSnake View Post
      May have to wait for an update before I can fully play it. There are a few non-graphical bugs, like clicking on the shield Kingdom View icon can cause a seg fault and the tutorial doesn't always progress, it just sorta sits there even when you've done the task it asks you to.

I think most of the actual game is quite playable though.
      This segfault is tricky one.
      I reproduced it (just by starting new game and clicking top icons 1 by 1), but ~10 times it wont crash anymore.

Comment

Hmm. I guess i should start shitting briks cause paradox games use dot.net and direct3d atleast magicka does. Well dont mind... i own magicka. Prett neat game ya. Lets hope they release magicka

Comment

Originally posted by Dehir View Post
          cause paradox games use dot.net
          Only for windows launcher.

Comment

Awesome!

I was hoping Paradox would start porting their library over. I don't have Crusader Kings 2 yet (may just buy it because it's for Linux), but I bought one of their bundles and have tons of strategy games by them that I'd much rather play in Linux. Oddly, due to various bundles including it, have bought at least 4 copies of Mount and Blade series. Too bad Steam doesn't give you credits for them or something... would love to play it multiplayer with some of my friends. I'd really love for Mount and Blade to be ported, especially the second one that is coming out.

leech

Comment

Originally posted by DenT View Post
              This segfault is tricky one.
              I reproduced it (just by starting new game and clicking top icons 1 by 1), but ~10 times it wont crash anymore.
              I also found that sometimes clicking the shield in the upper left corner would cause the segfault but accessing the same Kingdom View from elsewhere (from one of the units I think) it worked fine. Kinda odd.

Comment

Originally posted by Dehir View Post
                Hmm. I guess i should start shitting briks cause paradox games use dot.net and direct3d atleast magicka does. Well dont mind... i own magicka. Prett neat game ya. Lets hope they release magicka
                I'm pretty sure Magicka wasn't developed by Paradox, i.e. they only published it.

AFAIK their recent games are Europa Universalis IV, East vs. West, March of the Eagles, Crusader Kings II, Hearts of Iron 3, Rome, Sengoku and Victoria 2.

But speaking of CK2 I also bought it yesterday, but unfortunately it crashes after 10-20 minutes of playing. Has anyone got it running without crashing? If so, what are your specs and do you have any DLC?

Comment

Originally posted by DenT View Post
                  First check ~/Documents/Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings II/logs/error.log and other logs.
                  Probably it's problem with wrong macro in shader file.
                  STANDARDFUNCS_H__ macro is violates GLSL standard.

If you remove two first and last lines from /gfx/FX/standardfuncsgfx.fxh file map will probably show.

I posted this bug here:
                  forum.paradoxplaza.com /forum/showthread.php?658210-GLSL-Bad-macro-in-standardfuncsgfx.fxh
                  Sorry for broken link, but I know there is pre-moderation for posts with links from new accounts.
                  Removing the "__" from the defines was sufficient.
                  It "seems" to work with mesa 9.0, r600g, HD 4000.
                  I didn't have the time to actually play it.
                  The resolution was fixed at 1920x1200 (native).
                  Hence, the game is slow.
                  Maybe there are some config files around to change it manually.

Comment

Originally posted by johanar View Post
                    But speaking of CK2 I also bought it yesterday, but unfortunately it crashes after 10-20 minutes of playing. Has anyone got it running without crashing? If so, what are your specs and do you have any DLC?
                    For some people it's not crashed.
                    E.g for me it's not crashed after 3 hours of playing, but before it's crashed 10 or so times (when I tried to reproduce bug from forums).
                    But as long as I see on paradox forums that isn't Linux-specific problem, so you just need to wait for patch.

If so, what are your specs and do you have any DLC?
                    Ubuntu 12.04 with MATE, AMD card with proprietary driver, 8GB ram. Yes. I got most of DLC exclude SI and new one.

Comment

Being Total War addicted, I really love these games..

It will be mine at the next sale

Comment

Working...
                      X