Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: R600 Gallium3D Getting Close On OpenGL 3.3 Support

Quote Originally Posted by rrohbeck View Post
    /opt/xorg/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-Device: Driver "ati"
    It was my impression, that the ddx was called "radeonsi" or at least "radeon" and not "ati".

Your Xorg.0.log says
    Code:
    [  1169.313] (II) LoadModule: "radeon"
    so your Device section with the "ati" driver is probably not used.

Edit:
    Code:
    --with-dri-drivers=radeon
    Pretty sure, that doesn't do anything. But it may be necessary to put swrast there if it doesn't compile because of som stupid build system dependency. If not, Just a space character will be interpreted as an empty list, otherwise it will build some default like r300 I think.
    Last edited by ChrisXY; 01-21-2013 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXY View Post
    It was my impression, that the ddx was called "radeonsi" or at least "radeon" and not "ati".

Your Xorg.0.log says
    Code:

Edit:
    Code:
    Pretty sure, that doesn't do anything. But it may be necessary to put swrast there if it doesn't compile because of som stupid build system dependency. If not, Just a space character will be interpreted as an empty list, otherwise it will build some default like r300 I think.
    Changing the DDX name to "radeon" or "radeonsi" didn't make a difference. Neither did adding swrast to --with-dri-drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by agd5f View Post
    Is it actually getting picked up by the xserver however? Previously it was not. Can you post your xorg log? It would be easier to track all of this if you opened a bug:
    https://bugs.freedesktop.org
    Done, https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=59703

The DDX is really called "ati", which should load "radeon" for you.

Edit:
    Code:
    "--with-dri-drivers=radeon" builds the R100 driver. Just set empty "--with-dri-drivers=" and set "--with-gallium-drivers=" to one of r300, r600, radeonsi. I think you also need to enable EGL.
    Last edited by marek; 01-22-2013 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marek View Post
    The DDX is really called "ati", which should load "radeon" for you.
    Good to know. X -configure always generated "radeon" for me so I wrongly assumed it was radeon.

"--with-dri-drivers=radeon" builds the R100 driver. Just set empty "--with-dri-drivers=" and set "--with-gallium-drivers=" to one of r300, r600, radeonsi. I think you also need to enable EGL.
    I think I had two times a problem with mesa git with that. First for some reason the build system depended on swrast being built and much later it wouldn't compile without a dri driver. These problems get fixed but they seem to be recurring, so I guess there isn't too much ongoing testing going into specialized builds from git master…

I know this thread is old, but:
    GLSL 1.5 is mostly just a combination of the extensions mentioned in the TODO list below it and most of them are DONE.
    Any updates for this (r600g) ?
    As far as I see everything seems to be ready, geometry shaders seem to be here: http://www.mail-archive.com/mesa-dev.../msg26656.html - GLX_ARB_create_context_profile seem to be here, ...

So what's really missing for OpenGL 3.2 on r600g atm (just some GLSL bits and if so: Which exactly) ?

Your Xorg.0.log says
    Code:
    Edit:
    Code:
    The driver from xorg.conf is named "radeon".
    --with-dri-drivers="" is working.
    I use glamor too. It has some slight rendering errors, but it seems to behave more stable than exa.
    Here is my working mesa (the 64 bit version) build script (note that this one has all kinds of stuff including opencl support that requires libclc/llvm/clang and its built only for r600):

Code:
    PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/share/pkgconfig ./autogen.sh --sysconfdir=/etc --prefix=/usr --libdir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu --enable-debug \
    CPPFLAGS="-m64" \
    CXXFLAGS="-m64" \
    --enable-64-bit --disable-32-bit \
    --enable-texture-float \
    --with-gallium-drivers=r600,swrast \
    --with-dri-drivers="" \
    --enable-vdpau \
    --enable-egl --enable-gles1 --enable-gles2 \
    --enable-glx-tls \
    --with-egl-platforms=x11,drm \
    --enable-gbm \
    --enable-gallium-egl \
    --enable-gallium-osmesa \
    --with-osmesa-bits=32 \
    --enable-gallium-llvm \
    --enable-r600-llvm-compiler \
    --disable-dri3 \
    --enable-opencl \
    --with-llvm-shared-libs \
    --enable-shared-glapi

Quote Originally Posted by TAXI View Post
    I know this thread is old, but:

Any updates for this (r600g) ?
    As far as I see everything seems to be ready, geometry shaders seem to be here: http://www.mail-archive.com/mesa-dev.../msg26656.html - GLX_ARB_create_context_profile seem to be here, ...

So what's really missing for OpenGL 3.2 on r600g atm (just some GLSL bits and if so: Which exactly) ?
    Geometry shaders are all that's missing. There is some initial support for them here:
    http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~vadimg/...0-geom-shaders

Quote Originally Posted by agd5f View Post
    Geometry shaders are all that's missing. There is some initial support for them here:
    http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~vadimg/...0-geom-shaders
    Thanks for the reply, I really hope this will be finished but for now it looks like every attempt to add geometry shaders stalled at some point: The last commit at the link you gave is 3 months old, this is death since a year: https://github.com/Plombo/mesa/commi...shaders-rebase and so on...