Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nille_kungen View Post
    I guess i need to install steam, but that also means pulseaudio
    AFAIK it uses SDL for sound which supports other backends (e.g. ALSA) as well.

Comment

Good the hear more game companies taking notice that steam for linux is coming and commiting resources to getting decent games ported.

Comment

Originally posted by Nille_kungen View Post
        I guess i need to install steam, but that also means pulseaudio
        Don't worry, I've known more than one person (in the Steam Beta group chat etc) to run Steam and for example TF2 just fine with pure ALSA. As droste said, you just need to make SDL use the ALSA backend as default instead of Pulse.

Comment

Originally posted by XorEaxEax View Post
          Good old ScummVM, few are aware that Ludvig Strigeus who made ScummVM and Open Transport Tycoon also wrote ?Torrent and co-wrote Spotify. Pretty decent software lineup.
          Way to confuse the readership. On other hand, FOSS, on the other hand, obnoxious ads in uTorrent and forced Facebook integration in Spotify.

So he's good at some hours and evil at some others?

Comment

Cuuute! Can I play these games in actual 320x200 256 colours?
            Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Originally posted by Adarion View Post
              Cuuute! Can I play these games in actual 320x200 256 colours?
              You are running 320x200 with 16 colors or 640x480 with 256 colors if I remember right...

I remember my uncle letting me play Doom as a small child and my mom loosing it for letting me play violent video games. Kids these days are being raised on COD and Battlefield...

Comment

"...The new Larry game is going to be expanded and enhanced in every detail and ready for mobile devices, PCs, and LINUX!"
                What, so a Linux system is not a Personal Computer? I'm so sick of MS "owning" the PC term...

Comment

Originally posted by numasan View Post
                  What, so a Linux system is not a Personal Computer? I'm so sick of MS "owning" the PC term...
                  Yes, there was always "PC" and "Mac"
                  Look at the positive side: Linux is not limited to the PC. It is on the hugest mainframes, clusters as well as on tiny embedded devices. Tux fits everywhere.
                  Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Originally posted by Adarion View Post
                    Yes, there was always "PC" and "Mac"
                    Sure, but for me the distinction was that Mac had basically one OS while a PC was defined by hardware compatibility rather than being a hardware/software package, essentially a "blank page" that could run the operating system of your choice -- OS/2, Unix, DOS, QNX, Netware, UCSD p-system... even Linux eventually.

Windows was just one of many... and Microsoft was a Unix vendor for a while with their Xenix offering.
                    Last edited by bridgman; 13 January 2013, 11:05 AM.
                    Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
                      OMG, I remember playing the original Larry on a CGA display on some local library's XT back in 1987!

I didn't understand what the hell it was about, I was too young lol

The other game looks like Zack McCracken, awesome!
                      Yeah Larry was a pretty complicated and beautifully done game, I remember the age tester questions even now. Seriously The original LSL was just mind boggling deep.

Comment

Working...
                      X