After Many Delays, Fedora 18 Is Finally Ready To Ship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by birdie View Post
    Luckily I abandoned the trainwreck called Fedora a year ago and happily switched to CentOS 6.3.

I don't need this f*ckload of changes every release, I don't even want to keep up with them - I want a stable system I can use for years without fearing that something might break now and then.
    So because Fedora isn't what you want, it's a trainwreck?

I'm going for a cup of coffee! I will not tolerate this trainwreck called 'tea'!

Comment

Originally posted by AdamW View Post
      So because Fedora isn't what you want, it's a trainwreck?

I'm going for a cup of coffee! I will not tolerate this trainwreck called 'tea'!
      Good one!

Comment

for example if u are after lastest radeon oss drivers like i am on my laptop fedora is a pretty good choice, bleeding edge and stable enough. i use the kde fedora spin never had really issues like kernel panics after updates system becoming unbootable bla bla. Aldo i use my laptop just for music surfing torrents movies i dont game on it i have a big pc for that. And i think one should install fedora atleast one in respect for the redhats community contrib and support. They run a money making bussines on server side but they also give back.

Comment

Yes, Fedora is a good choice for tracking Radeon changes

Originally posted by adriankx View Post
          for example if u are after lastest radeon oss drivers like i am on my laptop fedora is a pretty good choice, bleeding edge and stable enough.
          I am using Fedora precisely because I have lots of Radeon hardware that needs the latest Mesa. Having said that, even Fedora can't really keep up with Radeon OpenGL changes these days. Fedora 17 has only Mesa 8.0.4, which is a long way behind Mesa git. Looking forward to Mesa 9.x so that my HD6450 has better support.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisr View Post
            I am using Fedora precisely because I have lots of Radeon hardware that needs the latest Mesa. Having said that, even Fedora can't really keep up with Radeon OpenGL changes these days. Fedora 17 has only Mesa 8.0.4, which is a long way behind Mesa git. Looking forward to Mesa 9.x so that my HD6450 has better support.
            Yes, we are in full agreement here.

There used to be a "mesa-dri-experimental" package that included later snapshots of the development Mesa versions but it sadly was later removed.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamish Wilson View Post
              Yes, we are in full agreement here.

There used to be a "mesa-dri-experimental" package that included later snapshots of the development Mesa versions but it sadly was later removed.
              You are referring to a package that existed for a single release with the goal of providing (then considered experimental) 3D support in open source drivers

It didn't exist to provide newer snapshots.
              Last edited by RahulSundaram; 13 January 2013, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post
                u are
                I am what?

Still, fair point.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamish Wilson View Post
                  I am what?

Still, fair point.
                  I guess you started replying before I edited. I already said what I had to say :-)

Comment

Working...
                  X