Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha ha, I laughed at: "terminal, motherfucker, this is a terminal" xD

PS:
    The "hundreds of fixes" line is also quite funny. It implies that Linux is broken by design and needs fixing to be usable. Which might be true though, in all fairness.

Comment

Originally posted by XorEaxEax View Post
      So this may actually be legit? Is there any info on what they have done to achieve this most robust and performant Linux? Here's hoping it doesn't consist of compiling all packages with -Ofast and putting on a smile.
      My reaction is IMG: Not_sure_if_trolling_or_serious.jpg

I don't think its a bad one

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
      Ha ha, I laughed at: "terminal, motherfucker, this is a terminal" xD
      Got that one too
      And those are "Unbuntu" fixes

Comment

Ha ha, I laughed at: "terminal, motherfucker, this is a terminal"
        I caught that too, big laugh.

this project looks like an absolute joke to me. What a terrible video to show off '"the most robust, beautifuly and performant linux" ~ it looks like a 12yr old made it....lol

Michael has such a weird idea of what is newsworthy.... I would say the L_Pa version of Wine is ACTUAL news, and here is why;

L_pa-Wine (targeted at proaudio users): https://sourceforge.net/projects/l-proaudio/files/

Some of L_pa-Wine's notable features;

-> Designed for Proaudio / windows VST/ASIO use in Gnu/linux
        -> *implements UNIX PIPES in wine* (HUGE FRICKING NEWS)
        -> *proper mapping of windows priorities to linux prio (including FIFO).* (BIG NEWS)
        -> moves these types of calls out of wineserver, in order to handle prio/threading _properly_, rather than being bound to wineserver (BIG NEWS!)
        -> supports hundreds of VSTs (with proper synchronization with Jackd + stability) NOT available in Wine (and likely not anytime soon). (BIG NEWS)

I've also had some patches accepted by upstream/wine-devs that fix a number of bugs for windows VST users on Linux.

note: I've done comparisons between some Native VSTs (for linux) VS. their Windows versions running in L_pa-Wine (take a guess at which one works better? .....if you thought the native linux versions ~ than you were WRONG).
        Last edited by ninez; 07 January 2013, 09:57 PM.

Comment

PS:
          The "hundreds of fixes" line is also quite funny. It implies that Linux is broken by design and needs fixing to be usable. Which might be true though, in all fairness.
          Actually it was a shot at Ubuntu as it said hundreds of fixes not available on Ubuntu, not linux.

Comment

Young one very ambitious is.
            SprezzOS media builder. You likely want "sprezzos-world". This just builds CDs, and it does that job poorly. - Contributors to dankamongmen/SprezzOS

To me it seems like any other Debian based distribution, not solving the real problems like updates breaking the system, not being able to install multiple versions of the same software without hassle, not being able to install packages on a per-user basis etc. etc.

Comment

Holy shit guys, they're using a new compiler and custom compiler flags? Why hasn't anyone thought of this before? I bet Intel feels silly, they spend billions making a 10% faster CPU, and now it turns out all they had to do was -funroll-loops.

Comment

Comment

Oh look, it's a 698th distro in the Linux world!

Compositing is only useful to decrease game performance.

Comment

Originally posted by totex71 View Post
                    doubt that it will ever be near the parformance of arch linux :P
                    if only usability and maintenance wouldnt take so much time...

Comment

Orcas on mother freakin' Segways!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X