Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kano View Post
    @Paradox Uncreated

Carmack optimized the BFG edition with code from Rage. It is not based on the old engine but on a modified Rage one. As Rage was optimizied for consoles the BFG variant is as well - and multithreading is the way to go for that. Xbox 360 for example has 3 cores. When a 10y old engine runs fine with your GTX 280 it is not that unusual but consoles are much simpler. Thats also no card that everybody has got! Also most of your issues are solved with ssds, but you dont get it.
    Oh yes, you still claim SSD?s solve jitter. Wow.. I mean most of the stuff you type is just crazy junk. A focus on multithreading on consoles.. You remind me of some kind of bot, that randomly generates jokes.

Doom 3 does 3 passes to OpenGL. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wt-iVFxgFWk
    Rage is a different engine. It doesn?t do the same. And multithreading on an engine that runs perfectly is not an optimization. It is redundant. And some even argue that Doom 3 looks better than Rage, due to the 3 passes to OpenGL.

But I guess you are going to claim your crazyness for some time. And that is a warning to others I guess.

Comment

Can you please try and make a point without insulting the person you are speaking with Paradox Uncreated?

Looking at the games specifications, I am a little surprised by the huge jump in graphics hardware specs. Can someone explain to me why I need an OpenGL 3 card to play this?

Comment

Originally posted by Hamish Wilson View Post
        Can you please try and make a point without insulting the person you are speaking with Paradox Uncreated?

Looking at the games specifications, I am a little surprised by the huge jump in graphics hardware specs. Can someone explain to me why I need an OpenGL 3 card to play this?
        Obviously you must be some kind of gay club, that defends the mentally weak. I mean you can?t expect sense from someone who defends and upholds legality of toiletwhoring. And ofcourse the logical incorrectness of claiming I insult someone, when they are offensive, and indeed your comment is insulting to anyone with intelligence.

On the raised h/w spec, I guess you would rather hear the previous idiots opinion and I shall happily leave you to it. And your company can sit there in extreme pretensiousness and think you look cool or become popular, while I live my life far above.

Peace Be With You.

Comment

Paradox, simple question: You did actually measure the internal timings of the game engine, and then use a DVI capture card to ensure no frames are being lost, or are you just making a few assumptions in your results? Something like:

Frame Rating: A New Graphics Performance Metric If the new year will bring us anything, it looks like it might be the end of using "FPS" as the

Comment

Originally posted by Paradox Uncreated View Post
            Obviously you must be some kind of gay club, that defends the mentally weak. I mean you can?t expect sense from someone who defends and upholds legality of toiletwhoring. And ofcourse the logical incorrectness of claiming I insult someone, when they are offensive, and indeed your comment is insulting to anyone with intelligence.
            I am a "club" now?

Ever consider the fact that if everyone you talk to is wrong, perhaps there is another separate more sinister reason why you think this way? Or are you really that arrogant?

I know, I know, don't feed the trolls...

Comment

Originally posted by Paradox Uncreated View Post
              Obviously you must be some kind of gay club
              Apparently Paradox Uncreated is the new Qaridarium. Next he'll be accusing you of being a Nazi baby-eater.

Comment

That game is huge, legendary fun! Works perfectly on Ubuntu 64bit.

Comment

For the video playback, wouldn't the BINK support in FFMPEG be usable?

Comment

Working...
                  X